Chapter Thirty-Six

The next day Harry awoke early and he was filled with a sense of peace and happiness as he took in their light brown room. He and Louis had argued for days over what color to paint their room when they saw this color and deemed it perfect for their room. In their room they had white French doors that led out to their own personal balcony that overlooked the sand and clear blue waters. Harry took a deep breath as he glanced over to his bedside table which held his battered old brown journal, an alarm clock, his phone, and a picture of Louis and Adaley. The picture was one Harry had taken right after they had gotten back together. The young couple has taken their daughter on an all-day zoo trip and Louis and Adaley were both exhausted when they got home. While Harry had started dinner Louis and Adaley had decided to watch a movie. When Harry came in to ask them if they were ready to eat he found them both passed out on the couch. Louis was lying flat on his back with his face towards the TV and Adaley was laying on top of him, sound asleep and cuddling into Louis' chest. The scene made Harry's heart flutter and he ended up snapping the picture. Harry smiled softly at the picture before he carefully climbed out of their king sized bed. He silently crept down the hallway and peeked into Adaley's room, smiling lovingly when he saw her still sound asleep. He quietly made his way downstairs and started to make breakfast for his loving family. Eventually Harry heard soft footsteps making their way through the silent house and a very tired looking Louis appeared in the doorway. Harry smiled softly and nodded to the still steaming cup of tea that he had set out only moments before.

"How long have you been up?" Louis asked sleepily and Harry glanced at the clock before responding.

"Since about six." Harry answered with a shrug and went back to buttering the toast that had just popped out of the toaster. Louis nodded slowly and silently drank his tea. Eventually Harry spoke up again. "Would you go wake up Adaley? We have to get her enrolled in school today and get stuff for our dog." He asked softly and Louis nodded, trudging up the stairs. He silently opened Adaley's bedroom door to see her soundly sleeping on her stomach with her face buried into her pillow.

"Princess?" Louis called softly as he walked up to her bed and sat on the edge. Adaley stirred slightly but didn't wake up. Louis gently rubbed her back and she rolled over, sleepily blinking her eyes.

"Papa?" Adaley asked, yawning softly. "What time is it?" she asked and Louis glanced at the alarm clock on her bedside table.

"It's eight, sweetheart. Time to get up. Daddy already has breakfast ready." Louis said softly and Adaley nodded, sitting up and stretching her arms above her head. She climbed out of her bed and adjusted her Superman nightgown that Louis had gotten her for her birthday. She sat down on her floor and put on the Batman slippers that Liam had gotten her for Christmas. She stood up and quickly put her hair up into a ponytail before holding her hand out to Louis.

"C'mon Papa. I'm hungry." She said and Louis chuckled softly, taking her small hand in his. They walked down to the kitchen hand in hand. When they walked in Harry smiled brightly at the sight of his sleepy daughter holding his fiancé's hand. Adaley climbed into her chair and looked at array of food Harry had set out.

"Good morning princess." Harry said brightly and Adaley grunted softly. Harry chuckled softly at her response. The small family sat down at the table and Harry smiled when he saw that both of his loves were dozing off at the table. "You two are so much alike." He said with a chuckle.

"How?" Louis and Adaley asked grouchily at the same time which made Harry bust up laughing.

"You both aren't morning people." Harry said with a snicker and both of them grunted at the same time.

"I don't understand how someone can be so cheery early in the morning." Louis whined and Harry chuckled.

"It shocks me that you two aren't morning people." Harry said nonchalantly and Adaley frowned.