Chapter 19

Hello! I am so sorry for not updating my story for ages but as a sorry I made an extra long one ending on a cliff hanger! Thanks for reading my story leave a like and share with your friends. It helps me get inspired to write more, see ya! xx

**********************************************************************

*THUD* nope I fell over again.
This was about the 21st attempt to make me stand up and all 21 times I have acquired multiple bruises of various colours and sizes.
"Come on Draco, I thought you were the best at everything!" Teased Hermione
Even through this, Hermione still has her sense of humour, although she didn't always understand mine.
"22nd time lucky right?"
She'd said that every time so far.
"Ready... One... Two... Three... YES!!! Draco you're standing!!! I told you 22nd times lucky!"
"I can't believe I'm actually standing! Yes! Now I only have 21 bruises not 22 so that's always a positive... Right?"
"I tooooooold youuuuuu"
"Yeah well, I'm standing now so that's the main thing!"
"Ok... So... What now? Can you walk?"
"I think so... Yes! All in good working order. Well, our plan is simple..."
"What is it?!" Asked Hermione impatiently
"I don't know! I'm just thinking of one now!"
"Well could you hurry up please! We don't have all day!"
"Why don't you think of a plan?!" I cried
"Fine! Our plan is this.. We make a polyjuice potion and sneak into your father's lair as one of his monsters, you know the ones that temporarily paralysed you"
"Yeah I know the ones!"
"Well then we'll sneak in and trap your father I don't know how yet"
"Ok, let's go"

*************************************

*Draco to Hermione*
"So how are we going to get a hair from one of the monsters?" asked Draco
"I don't quite know exactly, maybe lure them?"
"Maybe... Or we could go looking for their hideout?"
"But where would we start?"
"The smell?" laughed Draco

*************************************

"M..m..Master Malfoy, w..we s..seem to be having some difficulties in keeping the house elf in a stable condition" whispered the creature
"You really think that that is any of my concern at the moment? I have my disappointing son who is sneaking around with that filthy mudblood and is possibly dead thanks to one of your stupid, ignorant, filthy kind! I have a reputation to keep untarnished. That house elf can die for all I care" Snarled Lucius 
"But Master... then how would we lure them?"
"I don't care! Go out and find them and bring the house elf, but I want them back alive, if they are, understand me? I will deal with my son and that vile mudblood"
"Yes Master. I would do anything for you. Even die for you!"
"I DON'T CARE! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"
"Y..yes Master, sorry" as the creature quickly scurried away

**************************************

"Urgh! How much longer!?" whined Hermione
"I keep telling you, I don't know! We're really just going on smell and the blood trails that we keep seeing and various different animals that have been grossly murdered which I keep having to warn you about so you don't freak out!" 
"Urgh! I don't understand how we are two of the cleverest kids in our class and yet we can't come up with a smart idea!"
"Hermione, be quiet, I see something"
"I mean, would you say we're some of the cleverest people in our class? Or..."
"HERMIONE GET DOWN!"
Draco pulls Hermione down just as a curse flies over both their head's exploding a near by tree.
"HOLY SH.."
"Quick this way!" yelled Hermione
Curses keep flying over both their head's but they keep running towards the creatures. Draco throws the death curse and it hits one of the creatures. There were still four more creatures coming at them fast. 
"Hermione! Throw the death curse!" shouted Draco
Hermione was very unsure. She'd never used a curse before because she thought they were all too cruel. But this was a very bad situation. She couldn't possibly keep them all of with expelliarmus charm so she had a decision to make and she had to make it quickly.
"Hermione!!" shouted Draco
"Avada kedavra!" cried Hermione 
It hit one of the creatures just as it was leaping for Draco.
"Whoa! Nice shot Hermione!" thanked Draco, but before long another one of the creatures was coming at them so Hermione didn't have any time to reflect on what she just did.
Before long all five creatures were either dead or knocked out. Hermione sat on a nearby tree root and began to cry. Draco saw her and came over to see if she was alright.
"Hey Hermione... what's wrong?" asked Draco
"I just can't believe that I used the killing curse! I made a promise to myself that I would never ever use that curse... and I did!" cried Hermione
"Well, if it makes you feel any better, you did save me from that creature that you hit. I would never have seen it in time"
"That does help a bit but I still won't be able to forgive myself, even if I used it on one of those creatures. Anyway, we have to collect something from them so we can make the polyjuice potion"
"Okay, I'll check for something from these three and you check those two over there okay?"
"Okay" said Hermione

**************************************

"Hey Draco, I can't find any hair on them but I could try with one of their scales?"
"Yeah, same here"
"Okay so take a scale from them and lets go"

**************************************

"Master Malfoy, Master Malfoy!"
"What!?"
"We have had a breach on one of our patrol groups. They're all dead apart from one sir!"
"What!?"
"We assumed it was your son and the girl"
"Yes, it must've been mustn't it? Well we shall wait and see what they do next and maybe have some... fun... with their minds"

**************************************

"Phew! This has been a long day!" said Draco as he exhaled falling onto the sofa. As soon as they returned home to their cottage, also known as a pile of rubble, they closed their eyes and wished for it to be rebuilt and there it was just like Professor McGonagall had said when they first moved in.
"You can say that again!" said Hermione also exhaling as she lay down on the sofa. 
"Hey.." started Draco
"Yeah?" replied Hermione
"Do you think when all this is over and my father is back in Azkaban... what will you and Ron..."
"*sigh* I don't know... I really don't know. Because I still love him but I'm not sure if it's in a romantic way or a friendly way... and besides... I think I might be in love with someone else..." whispered Hermione
Draco's heart skipped a beat. Had Hermione just confessed her feelings to him? This could be his big chance to show her how much better he is than that weasel Ron ever was but Draco found himself unable to speak, after all, he didn't want to say the wrong thing.
"Is that so?" replied Draco after a few tense moments
"Yes, but I don't know if they like me back"
Was she joking! He had loved her ever since he first saw that beautiful girl walk through the front doors of Hogwarts!
"Hermione... I have loved you ever since you set foot in the Hogwarts castle, and when I saw that you were with Harry and weas.. Ron, I became jealous. That's why I was always exposing your plans or calling you and your friends names. It's all because I was jealous.. because I wasn't with you. But Hermione you've made me into a better person and I only have you to thank for doing that. If you hadn't come along and changed my life I would still be sitting in the Slytherin common room, probably with Crab and Goyle, thinking of new ways to ruin other people's lives but not anymore... because I've been lucky enough to have met you"
For a few minutes they just stared at each other then Hermione lay down on Draco's lap and they smiled at each other.
"Goodnight Malfoy" smiled Hermione
"Goodnight Hermione" replied Draco. Then they fell asleep next to each other.

**************************************

Hermione woke up to find Draco gone from next to her. She slowly sat up and adjusted her eyes to the light and went to find him. She found him in the kitchen making toast. 
"Hey Mione. Want some toast?"
"You remember how to make toast from when I taught you!"
"Yeah! Would you like some?"
"Please"
While Draco was making them breakfast, Hermione decided to search for the book they needed to make the polyjuice potion. So she headed up the stairs and went directly into the library and searched for the book but before long Draco was shouting up saying her breakfast was ready. Once Hermione was downstairs she sat at the table with Draco and they ate. 
"So, our plan is this. We make the polyjuice potion put the scales in one it's completed then we infiltrate your father's lair, rescue Dobby, and we somehow capture him?"
"Sounds good so far. Don't you think it's funny how we came out here to hide from my father and yet we're the ones trying to defeat them once again" laughed Draco.
Hermione laughed but then really thought about this and wondered what she had ever done to attract all this pain and torment? Maybe she was just destined to help the world more than the world could ever help her? I guess she would just have to live with that.
Once they both had finished eating Draco said
"I'll wash up, you look for the book"
"Okay, come meet me up in the library when you're ready"
So Hermione walked back up to the library and started searching for the right potion book. 
"P...p...p...potions! Here we go!" Hermione opened the book onto the contents page and started scanning for polyjuice.
"Pepperup potion...poison antidote...polyjuice potion! Ingredients, fluxweed, knotgrass, lacewing flies, leeches, horn of bicorn, lacewing flies, boomslang skin, piece of the person you're turning into. The total process takes approximately one month to complete. Well I already knew that from when I made it when I was in second year. Okay, now how to get the ingredients?"
"Hey Hermione? Where are you?"
"Over here Draco, I've found the potion but how are we going to get the ingredients?"
"Don't you remember, before Dobby went missing, he was going to the market to get some food for us, so maybe we should try and find the market he was going to"
"I still feel awful about what happened to Dobby. If he hadn't gone out that day... maybe he'd still be here? But we're going to rescue him aren't we?" asked Hermione
"Yes" replied Draco
An uncomfortable silence followed while both of them were thinking of Dobby, hoping he was okay and alive.
"So when are we going to go to the market?" asked Draco 
"We have time now don't we?" said Hermione
"Lets go then"

**************************************

Hermione and Draco have been walking for about 30 minutes when they come across signs towards a village market so they follow the signs towards Three Witches Market. After another 10 minutes of following signs they arrived at the market and it was full of people rushing around buying books, cauldrons, owls and much more. 
"Okay, Draco we need ingredients for the polyjuice potion"
"I'll go over towards the cauldrons, and you go the other way okay?"
"Okay"
As Draco started to walk towards to cauldrons he spotted one of the ingredients he needed, so he swerved towards it. After he bought it and he was turning around he saw Hermione being dragged off with a black gloved hand over her mouth. He immediately started running towards her but then everything went dark and he felt a hand over his mouth too.

**************************************

He woke up in a chair with something tied around his ankles and wrists and a piece of cloth tied around his mouth. As his eyes were adjusting to the light he saw Hermione across from him also tied up but not yet awake. As he was struggling with his bonds he heard a door open and close and footsteps approaching him.
"I see you're awake" said the stranger. His voice seemed strangely familiar thought Draco but he couldn't remember where from.
"I'm glad we bumped into you and your little friend otherwise we wouldn't have any bait for the Plitharians"
The what? Thought Draco.
"You're probably wondering what the Plitharians are? They're those creatures that temporarily paralysed you"
How does he know that wondered Draco.
"And now you're probably wondering how I know that, well, your mother Narcissa told us about you and Hermione and your father and how you're in hiding and we thought we would help"
Help? How is kidnapping us any help? Draco thought.
"I'll take the mouth gag off now, it was just so that when you came around you wouldn't start screaming the roof off, although I would wonder why you were screaming"
*Stranger takes off mouth gag*
"Why isn't Hermione awake yet?" asked Draco, still suspicious.
"She won't be for much longer. In the meantime would you like to come and have something to eat?
"No, I'm fine thanks. I think I'll wait until Hermione wakes up"
"Okay, well I'll take off the ties. They were also just so you didn't try and escape because we needed to explain what happened."
*Stranger removes ties*
"Thanks" said Draco
As the stranger leaves the room, Draco pulls the chair next to Hermione's chair and undoes her mouth gag and ties.
"There, much better" said Draco
Suddenly Hermione gasped and opened her eyes but they weren't the chocolate brown of Hermione's eyes, they were black and empty. Then she began to speak with a voice that wasn't her own
"My son" she began "Why must you drag our family's name into the dirt? Wouldn't you prefer a life living with Pansy and her family? Living in security?"
"Who is this?"
"Oh Draco, I'm surprised you haven't worked it out yet. After all she is still a mudblood"
"Father?"
"Well done Draco, now you have two choices. You either hand the mudblood over to me or you stay with that thing, disobeying me and your family, and I will kill both of you. Your choice Draco. Make the right one"
And with that Hermione slumped over in the chair, not breathing.

**************************************

Thanks for reading this chapter! What's going to happen in the next chapter? Nobody knows... apart from me! Sorry again for the massive gap of updating but give this chapter a thumbs up if you liked it and I will see you lovely people in the next chapter... BYEEE!!