28

"Sir Galador?"

Olivia knocks on the door lightly, not wanting to be rude in the case that she's interrupting something.  

She already found a bag and stuffed it with the few outfits the council had donated to her, along with a few plastic bottles of blood. She knows she needs to go. Her top priority is finding Danny, but she knows she has to warn Ryffin of what could be coming his way. She's afraid that he won't listen, that he'll be too angry that she got out of his dungeon and just try to lock her up again. At least if she finds Dan first, he'll know where to find her if she does become a prisoner again. She won't be alone.

The door is pulled open, and the Head of the council stares down at her. "Hello, Olivia. I hope there hasn't been a problem?" he asks kindly. Olivia once again thinks about how odd it is; this man is hospitable to her, but murderous towards Ryffin. There must be something in the history there that Olivia simply doesn't know.

"No, everything has been fine. I was just wondering if I'm allowed to leave," she says. Sir Galador raises an eyebrow at her. This isn't the comment he expected.

"Oh. Well... I guess so. I'm not your warden, Olivia. If you have somewhere to go, you are free to leave."

Olivia nods curtly. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate all of your help." She turns and begins to head back to her room, ready to grab her bag and get out of here. She'll have to practice teleporting. Sir Galador had tried to explain it to her better, but she's still not great at it. And then she'll have to figure out where Danny is... he had told her he was leaving Leewood, so how is she going to find him?  

She is lost in her thoughts, snapped back out of them when there's the sound of a throat clearing behind her. She turns around, surprised to see that Sir Galador followed her a few steps. She narrows her eyes.

"My only regret about you leaving, Olivia, is that I thought you might be able to help me get some information. It would be such a help to the council if you could. It really wouldn't take long; I can see you are eager to be on your way."

Olivia hesitates. The Head's tone is sincere, but she still finds herself doubting his words. How can she be of any help to the council? It's not as if she was ever really told anything of importance, and she certainly can't do anything. Still, she would be rude if she turned him down, and she doesn't want to get on this man's bad side.

"Sure," she says, and she fears her reluctance is audible. Sir Galador pays it no mind, if he heard it, and smiles.

"Excellent. Follow me, if you would," he says, and heads down the hall, in the opposite direction of where she wants to be going. She follows quickly, wanting this to be over with. As nice as the council building has seemed so far, she doesn't think she can stand another day of it. It's boring, the servants are too formal, and she just feels out of place. Granted, she has felt that way a lot lately, but she has finally decided to set all that aside, to move on and find the place where she was almost always happy.

Sir Galador leads her into a large room, and Olivia is surprised to see that it is empty.

"I thought I was going to speak to the council?" she wonders, wishing she could get out of this situation.

"Well, you are going to speak to me, and I speak for the council. Same difference, wouldn't you say?" Sir Galador turns to smirk at her. She gives him a tight smile in return.

"Have a seat, Olivia. Like I said, this won't take long. I am just going to ask you a few questions, and I'd like you to answer as best as you can. I am sure you will be entirely truthful with me," he says, eyes glinting with a strange eagerness. Olivia nods, hoping that will suffice to acknowledge his unspoken threat; she wouldn't like to take the risk of lying to him, but she will if she thinks it is needed.