Chapter 11

First Challege: Jealousy

-=-=-=-

"Guys, I don't think- no, I know this isn't right. Sephira, please! See reason! Faith, you can't think this is a good plan!" I protest to their scheme. I really can't believe they actually expect me to 'fall in love' with one of the other knights on this boat! Plus, he's already in on it and okay with it! Before they even told me their plan!

"I think it's a great idea! You'll eliminate the softies! Then you'll have just the men who actually will chase you to the ends of the earth and back, by the end of this compition, of course." Sephira says. I see her point, I do, I just don't want to play with their emotions.

"Well, it's too late now, anyways, Adella, Sir Harry Willis will be here any minute!" Faith exclaims excitedly. I have no idea what this man looks like. What if he's really shallow? Or dumb? FAITH!!!!

My mini panic attack in my mind is cut off by a knock on the door. "Good Lord," I mutter. Faith pushes me towards the door and I open it. Sir Willis shoves a bouquet of flowers in my face and I take them and pull them down so I can see the man. He has dark blond hair that falls to his shoulders and a beard. He has brown eyes. He has braod shoulders and looks incredibly fit. I wouldn't call him attractive, but he is handsome.

He bows and says, "Sir Harry Willis, at your service." He slides into the room and shuts the door behind him. "Frankly, " He continues, "I think this whole thing is hilarious. As long as you're a good actress, Adella, this will be perfect." He laughs and shakes his head. I can't help it; I laugh too. "Shall we be on our way?"

"Yes, Sir Harry, but to make this believable, we ought to have nicknames. How about you call me Lala?" I suggest, scrunching my face up at the disgusting nickname.

"How utterly soppy!" He agrees. "And you call me Harry dear?"

I smile and nod. He offers me his arm and I take it and we stride through the door. He forces a laugh as we walk down the hallway and I laugh at the ridiculous sound of it and he laughs a real laugh in response. "Harry, dear, " I start, "Could we not take a turn around the deck?"

"Of course, my sweet Lala!" He replies, playing along. We head up the stairs and when we step out into the fresh air, I immediatly spot the captain and the Prince talking at the rail. I know Harry sees them too when he suggests we lean on the rail. I obediantly follow him and we lean against the rail looking out.

I turn to look at him, and pull on his sleeve when he doesn't look at me. "Harry dear, " I say after we've stared at each other for quite a while, "I could just look into your sweet eyes for ever!"

"And I yours," He says, and I would believe him, had I not been in on the plan. Over his shoulder, I see the other two men staring at me and Harry with wide, disbelieving eyes, and I discide to take it further; I lean in, and Harry catches on, he leans in too and soon, we're kissing. It doesn't feel right, but I close my eyes and force the passion.

"Good Lord!"

"Indeed!" Come the two voices of the men watching this. I pull apart from Harry and look at them, forcing confusion into my eyes.

"What is it, Captain, Your Royal Highness?" I say, oozing innocence.

"Adella! You know I love you!" The Captain shouts.

"For my beauty only. You said so yourself." I spit at him hautily. "Harry, sweet, kind, loving Harry loves me for me, and everything that I am."

"Adella! You know that we have something special! Something tender, sweet and passionate! Tell me you feel something when we do this!" The Prince cries, leaning in and touches his lips to mine, and it's all I can do to hold myself back from kissing him too and running my hands through his soft hair. When he pulls away, he has real tears streaking down his face and I want to cry too.

"Harry dear," I force out, "These men have interuppted us and assaulted me. Let's go else where."

"I agree." He turns to the Captain and the Prince and with an edge to his voice, "If you touch my sweeting again, if you speak to her in such a manner, I will take her off this boat to Scotland, never to been seen again. If you weren't the Captain and Prince, I'd murder you right now." Tears pour down my face at that thought and the pain that pours out through the two men's eyes. "Come my sweet. Harry will protect his Lala." And Harry whisks me away, down to the mess hall where people are sitting and chatting. I see Sephira and Faith, and I jerk my thumb at them to go see the mess I've made of two men.

Harry and I sit down and he turns me to face him. He strokes his thumb over my cheeks to wipe away my tears and starts a murmured conversation. "Are teese real tears?"

"Yes."

"You love one of them, then."

"Both. In different ways. Hence this game we play."

"True. Well, I'd love to keep chatting but here comes Sir Harrison, so I'll quickly kiss you." As promised, he kisses me just as Harrison comes into view.

"Oh, Harry, dear, I love you so much!" I gush, hoping Harrison hears.

"I love you more, my sweet Lala!" Harry continues. He has Harrison's attention now.

"I love you the most!" I lay it on thick and giggle, hoping Harrison understands that we're in love.

He does. "Harry Willis! How dare you! You know I love her! You know I care for her! You know I proposed to Dell here! And now you come waltzing in, kissing her and calling her Lala! And you! Dell! What's wrong with you! He's my bestfriend! I thought you didn't want to get married!"

"I changed my mind when I met Harry, Harrison. He's the sweetest! He understands me more than you could ever do!" I state, hoping Harrison's heart will mend from the break I can hear.

"Euh." He graons and the takes a step towards Harry and aims a punch at his face. Harry stops him and says, "What are you fighting for? She clearly wants me, not you. Get over it." He squeezes my hand under the table, and I can feel the pain he's going through. We're both losing our bestfriend.

"I still want you, Dell. And if you ever want me, I'll be waiting!" Harrison says, before stalking off. As he leaves, Gus walks in and I don't have a minute to let my guard down before I have to pretend I'm hopelessly in love with the man that sits next to me.

"Oh Harry dear, I can't imagine the horror my life would be without you!" I say loud enough that Gus would hear me.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Lala." He smiles as he says it.

"Aw!" I say as Gus sits down across from us.

"Now, I don't mean to be interrupting," Gus starts, his voice gruff, "But I just wanna say that I'm happy for ye Adella. I wasn't gonna marry ye, all I wan'ed was a kiss 'r two, so I'm glad that ye met this feller here. I still like te be friends, if that's alright with ye?"

I smile, finally not one broken heart. "Yes, of course. I wouldn't give up your friendship for anything!" Harry smiles at me and I smile back, keeping up this stupid façade that has broken three hearts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And then Sean Bean said "ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO MORDOR" Yes. Sir Harry is Sean Bean. (Picture on side!!!!!!!)

God, I almost cried writing this (short [sorry]) chapter!!!!!

So, Gus is out! Is Harrison? Is the Captain?

Vote!!!!!!!

Tell me who your favourite is as of right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Tell me if you hate Adella as much as I do right now!!!!!!!!)

I'll be on hiatus for two whole weeks!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!

(Who loves Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge as much as I do????????)

~Eve <3