Chapter 6

I was so confused. The captain has been so distant with me! How could he be jealous of... whatever that was! 

As the captain and their Royal Highnesses were moving down the boat, both the captain and the Prince gazed up the line at me, with two small differences. Whenever the captain gazed at me, as soon as our eyes met, he'd quickly look away. Whenever the Prince looked at me, as soon as our eyes met, they locked and I would feel suspended in time. We only snapped out of it if the Princess shook the Prince and winked at me, or Faith shook me, and gave me a mini lecture each time.

"Hey! Adella! He's a Prince! He's never gonna love you! Even if he did, you know he has to marry some french princess or whatever! So stop makeing love-sick cow eyes! Adella, think of your station! Your family were MERCHANTS, for Christ's sake. You aren't even a Lady. You'd have more chance with the Captain!" At which point I completely snapped out of it and looked at her incredulously.

"Have you seen the way he is? He won't make eye contact with me!"

"Yes, but I've seen the way he looks at you. There's something there, m'dear."

"Cut it out, Faith. He will be a bachelor forever."

"Only if you make him."

"UGH! FAITH!"

"Whatever, Adella. Whatever you say. But, remember, I'm the one who's been watching him instead of drooling over the PRINCE OF ENGLAND!"

"Have you seen the way he looked at me?" I asked dreamily.

"Yes. And you both look dumb."

"That has to mean something, right?"

"Yes. It means you're both gonna end up heart-broken. Now, look sharp, the rest of the passengers are coming."

It was true. The footman stood up on a pedestal and started to call the names of the lords, ladies, duke, duchesses, marquesses, earls and viscounts that were attending. There were only ten or so, because you didn't want to clutter up room on the boat. It was a luxury cruise. I had heard there were to be a few knights as well on this trip.

The footman commenced calling out the names in his tenor voice, "Lord M. Cuthbertson Deveny and Lady Chastity. ... Lord John Northcote, Earl of Iddesleigh and Lady Permelia..." His voice droned on and on for what seemed like ages. I perked up again at the introducing of knights. "Sir Clemence C. Tooher, Sir T. Staples Hume, Sir Harry Joplin Willis and Sir Harrison Phillips."

Wait wait wait WHAT? HARRISON IS HERE? NOW? Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god. Why? I wasn't ready for this! Things were gonna be soo awkward! What am I gonna do now?

I saw Faith look at me weirdly. I realized that I was hyperventilating, so I tried to calm myself down. Even as I attempted to do so, I saw Faith's now blurry image call mutely for help. I saw four distinctly male figures run towards Faith. The world tilted and I knew nothing.

<><><><>

I cracked my eyelids open and saw Faith's worried face staring down at mine before another sweet looking face edged with black hair came into view. Her piercing blue eyes seemed to look deep into my soul through my eyes.

Her eyes crinkled at the edges and she exclaimed, "She's awake!"

"Oh thank the Lord! Princess, please, step aside."

Princess? I frowned. I don't remember a prin- oh yeah. The events of... earlier today? yesterday? last week? I gave up. Whenever it was, the events of it came back.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Then I reopened them when Faith asked me, "What happened?"

I sighed again and told her and Princess Sephira just what had transpired. "Well, you see, my best friend, and her brother, and I are all best friends. Grace, my best friend, got married, mm, two years ago. I was living in her house and loking for a job that didn't involve meanial tasks that 'only women can do'. So I found this job. The day I got it, I met Grace's brother, Harrison, walking down the street and we walked to Grace's and my house. When we got there, he proposed." I finished with the details of my feelings and excuses/explanations, which Faith had heard before, but the Princess hadn't.

"Or dear Lord. That's awful. And I completely understand you! I hate being thrown around, told what to do, and talked about like a piece of fine jewlery!" The Princess exploded empathetically. "Oh girl, you and me both."

"Faith nodded but asked, "What does this have to do with you fainting from lack of oxygen?"

"Oh true. Harrison, yeah well he's Sir Harrison Phillps." They both looked confused. "A passenger on THIS ship."

"Well, crap." the Princess said simply.

"What she said." Faith agreed. I ran my hand over my face. "Well, a knight gave me this to give to you... guess that knight was Sir Phillips..." She said awkwardly handing me a square of folded paper.

I opened it and read it quickly.

Dear Dell,

I won't give up on you.

I will chase you to the moon and back.

I won't leave.

I will have you.

I love you.

~Harrison

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, damn. How are you guys chosing now?????

My opinion:

Gus; sweet, but a bit dumb. Totally sincere.

Captain; mysteriously handsome and totally manly.

Harrison; SO SWEET!!! SO SINCERE!!! SO CUTE!!!

The Prince; Attractive. In EVERY way.

I still can't pick who will win her heart, break it, or if ANYONE will win her heart, and she will be a happy awesome spinster.

Sigh. So many descisions.

Picture on side is Princess Sephira!

Comment your opinions on EVRYTHING!!!!! VOTTTTTTTE!!!!!!

NEWS: I'm starting a new love story series about Lord of the Rings!!!! So excited! Check it out! (When I post it!)

Remember that Merry just wants some TREE FIGHTING ACTION!!!!

MUCH LOVE!

 <3 Eve