Chapter 10

"Hi, guys, Prince, Captain..." I start awkwardly.

"Um, who the hell are all these guys?" Asks the Prince, "I mean, I know who Captain Turner is, Sir Harrison and Gus, but why the hell are they all here? Why the hell do all of them look like they were about to propose?"

"Well, Harrison is my best friend who proposed yesterday, Gus kissed me, but I wasn't okay with that, and the Captain has just declared he loves me."

"So wait, you just want to be friends with me?" Asks Gus.

"Yes. Just friends, Gus. Are you okay with that?"

"Nope." Gus says stubbornly.

"Gus, you know I don't like you like that!"

"I just... ugh, whatever."

"Give me time to think?" I ask.

"I guess..." Gus trails off, looking defeated.

"There are many fish in the sea," offers Harrison.

"In fact, why not Faith?" I suggest. He shrugs, turns around and walks away. "One down, three to go." I mutter.

"Adella, please, I love you!" Harrison pleads desperately when I turn to look at him.

"I told you, I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. I need time to think." I irritatedly spit back at him.

"Wait, were you two courting?" Asks the Captain skeptically.

"No." I reply, daring Harrison with my eyes to contradict me. He nods his head, agreeing with me, knowing it's true and that his proposal was sudden and out of the blue.

"So, what right did you have proposing to her?" Demands the Captain.

"I, I don't know. We'd known each other for so long, it felt like we didn't need courting." He says, sheepishly.

I make a tiny noise that comes out half snort, half scoff."Everyone needs courting, so they know the proposal's coming!"

"Agreed." The Captain says, nodding his head.

"Yeah, I agree with that." Contributes the Prince.

"Okay, Fine. I'm sorry. Geez. I was wrong. I'm sorry." He pauses, looking at us. "Don't you believe me?"

"Okay, sure." Says the Prince slowly. I look at him, and he looks at me. I get that floating/sinking feeling again and I suddenly realize that we're extremely close. I almost take a step back, but Edward leans in to kiss me, but we are interuppted by two people 'coughing'. I step, back, embarassed. My cheeks flame red.

"Right. Listen, I'd love to stop and chat for longer guys, but unlike all of you, I do have to work on this boat tomorrow, whereas the rest of you can sleep in if you're up all night, talking. So, 'night, Harrison. Goodnight, William. And Good evening, Edward." I say, purposely using all their first names to reduse statuses. I spin on my heel and march off, gracefully, to my cabin.

When I get in, Faith is sitting on one of the hospital beds, which is occupied by the Princess.

"Oh, hello! Your Highness, Faith."

"Where were you?" Questions Faith without shame.

"Well," I start and proceed to tell them all about what happened. The Princess completely cracks up when I finish. I look at her with one eyebrow raised.

"That, .... was abso... lutely.... hilarious!!!!!" She says between gasping for air and laughing. Faith vigourously nods her head in agreement with the Princess's statement.

I sigh and finally agree with them. "Well, what should I do?"

"Edward." States the Princess at the same time that Faith says "The Captain." They both burst out laughing again and this time, I join them.

"Right," I say, "I should have two husbands?"

"Definitely!" Enthuses Faith.

"It would solve a whole bunch of problems!" Adds the Princess.

"Realistically, though, I can't have Edward, I'm not a Princess or even nobility! I can't have Harrison, because I'm not a lady." I explain, logically, to myself.

"I could make you a duchess!" Suggests the Princess hopefully.

"Um, that seems a bit rash." I say hesitantly.

"Yes but then you wouldn't be merchant class! You could, concievably, marry the Prince!" Says Faith with enthusiasm.

"I thought you were all for the Captain." I say, utterly confused.

"Well, I was, because logically, he's the best choice, and he loves you!"

"But all of them claim that."

"Well, then. The games begin." Says the Princess dramatically.

"Princess," I start.

"Sephira." The woman in question corrects.

"I don't understand." I continue.

Faith squeals excitedly and explains, "We'll find out who loves you the most through a series of mental obstacles!!!"

"Prescisely." Agrees Sephira.

"I don't know. This seems really mean..." I say, still unsure.

"Please? It's my birthday tomorrow!" Nags Sephira.

"Ugh. Fine." I agree.

"YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And here's a real Happy Birthday to the real Princess Sephira! (AKA ChasingShadows17, go check out her fabulous books!) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!!

So, who's team now??? Hmm? (This time, I want answers, people, ANSWERS)

Please vote! (I'm sorry it's not long. I'm a poop, I know.)

Stay Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Eve!