Cliché!: My life with the Wilbur Boys

I might’ve forgotten to mention but, after the play was over, it was Christmas vacation. My family and I were going to see an old friend of my mom’s from college. I never met her before, but according to my mom, she said we met when Minnie and I were extremely little.

“And she also has twelve sons in her house.” mom was saying at dinner. I choked on my food. Twelve sons!? I thought this vacation was gonna be normal, but I was wrong. Probably another cliché will happen to me.

Dad patted my back until I stopped choking. “Sorry, I just choked on some asparagus.” I lied. If all these stupid clichés weren’t happening, I’d probably be excited. Hopefully none of them will go gaga on me or call dibs on me either. And maybe some of them I’d get to know as friends.

I knew exactly what Minnie was thinking. She was probably going to try and flirt with the cutest guys. I didn’t really care if she was going to or not.

Mom said that they lived in the next state in Georgia and that we’d be driving to their house tomorrow.

The thought of being surrounded in a house full of nothing but boys haunted y mind, I couldn’t even fall asleep. My mind kept on rambling about the pros and cons about this trip. Pros: No girly girls (Except Minnie), new friends, improve in sports. Cons: Hot guys possibly developing a crush on me sometime, Minnie.

“Wake up Casey!!” dad shouted playfully in the morning. He ripped the blanket off me leaving me there in my pajamas. “Okay, I’m up, I’m up!” I said sleepily.

After packing up and eating breakfast, we were finally on our way to the Wilbur’s house.

Minnie kept on asking if we were there yet. I bet she just wanted to get there so she could check out the hot boys. We kept on telling her no.

After we got lunch five hours later, she asked again if we were there. I was getting really irritated so I said, “If you say that one more time, I’ll wrap you up in duct tape and throw you in the trunk. After a pause, she said, “Are we there yet?” I stuck to my word and fought with Minnie. She tried to struggle but I was a lot stronger than her. I managed to wrap her up in duct tape about 2 minutes later, and then I put her in the back of the van.

“Finally!” mom exclaimed. “It’s about time she needed to shut up!” said dad/ I was very proud of what I just did.

Another five hours later, we had arrived. I got Minnie who was still taped up, and unwrapped her. “Oh thank god!” she exclaimed. “I need to check my makeup really quickly!” I rolled my eyes before getting out of the car.

“I’m so glad you’re not like her.” dad said to me when I got out. “Me too.” I replied. After that, we all went up to the front door. Mom knocked on it a few times. A woman opened the door and immediately her face turned into a grin.

“Hey guys!” she exclaimed. “Come in!” she gestured to us and hugged mom. “Katie, how’ve you been?” my mom asked. “Oh, stressed but overall good.” she said. “Guys, get your butts over here!” she called. Then the boys appeared from everywhere; down the staircase, from the living room, from some other places too.

“Boys,” she said looking back and forth between us and the twelve boys. “This is the family I’ve been telling you about they’re staying for Christmas and New Year’s. This is Linda, Michael, Minnie, and Casey.” I heard one guy wolf whistle. I’m not sure who he was whistling at; probably me.

“All right, let me introduce you to my boys.” said Mrs. Wilbur. “I’ll go by age.” So to save the long introductions, I’ll give you their profiles.

Tom, 19, freshmen (college), taking Biology for major

Caleb, 18, Senior, football player (oh no)