Cliché!: An Awkward Relationship

The next day at school, I walk in and almost immediately, my friend, Christina, comes running toward me.

Christina Barker is one of those boy- crazy, preppy, blonde girls that always talks about whose going out with whom, or who tried to flirt with her. Christina is semi- popular. She has been in a lot of relationships, and gets herself into stupid, shitty drama. I'm not even sure why I'm friends with her. Guess she just decided to take me under her wing.

"Casey! Casey, Casey, Casey!!!" she hollered as she was running toward me with an excited expression on her face.

When she approached me, she was all out of breath. I asked her what was up with her today.

When she did finally catch her breath, she said, "You know how Mrs. Finney is pregnant and is taking the rest of the year off and we have a substitute?" "Yeah." "Well, he's here today and well, he... is... HOT!" She squealed and started jumping up and down.

Mrs. Finney was my Geometry teacher and advisor. A few days ago, she told us she was taking the rest of the school year off because of her pregnancy. She was having twins and she said that the school told her to take the rest of the year off to focus on her babies. I guess if you're having twins as a teacher, you have to take the rest of the year off.

"Uh, Chris, first off, how old is he?" I asked. If she was thinking of flirting with the new teacher who was probably twenty years older than her, she has a fucked up mind.

"He's only twenty years old! I know because Emily told me." Christina said. "If you're thinking about flirting with him, then you have a fucked up mind." I told her. "I already did!" she said. No wonder her shirt was so low cut.

Christina is not a slut. Sometimes I feel like she is. When she sees a boy she likes and goes to flirt with him, she shows cleavage. She naturally does that for some reason.

"You are fucked in the head." I said. "You do realize he doesn't even know who you are and probably thinks you're some kind of slut. And it's illegal to date teachers under the age of eighteen." "I'm not saying I'm trying to make him go out with me!" Christina said. "And I know the law too! He's just so hot!" "What's his name anyway?" "Mr. Greywood." Christina answered with joy in her voice.

The bell rang. Everyone came out scattering from everywhere. "Since we have Geometry first period, you'll be able to see how hot Mr. Greywood is!" Christina squealed. I was not in the least bit interested in this new Prince Charming teacher. Christina practically dragged me to classroom #306 since she was in the same class as me.

Christina didn't even let me put my heavy backpack in my locker. Before we went into the classroom, she said, "Get ready to see the most handsome teacher in all of J. Hieler High history!" She did a quiet scream before she dragged me into the classroom.

At the teacher's desk, I saw who Christina was talking about. There were girls surrounding his desk, trying to talk to him. A few of them were some of my friends.

The Prince Charming had slightly tanned skin. His shaggy hair was light brown, and his eyes were a crystal clear blue. Since his sleeves were rolled up, I could see he had a lot of muscle on him. I could almost picture him with a six pack and everything. He seemed like one of those people you see on the cover of magazines for the year's sexiest men.

Christina was staring at him, totally engrossed. I just casually went over to my desk, and started to take out my stuff. But I was interrupted by Emily.

People call my friend, Emily Trophere, "The Stalker" since she always seems to know a lot about everyone. She's been doing that for as long as I knew her.