Chapter 4

Molly’s POV

Bar Harbor, Maine, is a far way away from anything. On the long drive from the airport I kept imagining the family I would have to be staying with for the next two weeks. They probably lived in a shack in the middle of nowhere, based on how long we had been driving. When we finally pulled into a long dirt road, my suspicions seemed to be right. Who could build anything but a shack in the middle of these endless trees? 

When we finally pulled up to the house, I gasped. In front of me was the most beautiful house I had ever seen; It must have been four stories high, and it backed up onto what smelled like the ocean. 

I tripped out of the limo and walked to the front door, reached out, pulled it open. Inside it was completely open, and the other side of the house was completely glass, looking out onto the ocean. On one side of the house was a huge modern kitchen and a dining room with a giant wooden table that must seat at least ten people. I walked up the huge stairs leading up to the second floor. There were three doors leading off of the landing. I walk into the first room, it was huge. It had a king size bed, along with a sitting area with a TV, and had old looking things hanging around the room. Maybe who ever lived here was a war buff? I then walked through one of the doors leading off the room into a closet that was bigger then the bedroom. This was a waste, why would anyone need this many clothes, it was a waste of money and resources and should not be tolerated. I then walked into another room connected off of the bedroom, it was a bathroom almost as big as the closest. Who would ever need this big of a bathroom?

I walked back on to the landing and walked into the next room. All of the walls were covered in mirrors, besides the back wall which was completely see through and had a view of the ocean. Were theses people vain along with wasteful? The bed in the room looked to be even bigger than a king bed, if that was even possible? My husband and I only have a queen size bed, what person would need a bed bigger than a king size? I walked into another closet, this one almost as big as the other one, such waste. The bathroom was completely mirrors and white marble. These people must be richer then rich!

The next room I walked into was more normal size compared to the two others, though it was still twice the size of our bedroom at home. The closet was much smaller than the other ones, but the bathroom was the same size. The walls in this room were covered in CD’s, records, and what looked like classic books. 

I walked up the stairs to the third floor, there were three doors leading off of this hallway too. The first one I walked in was a mess, there was guys clothes laying on the ground everywhere. The bed was king size too. The closet was just as big as the first one I saw. This one had a bathroom too. 

I then walked into the second room, the room was huge, it must have been three times as big as the other rooms, I realize that this must be the master bedroom. The closest was huge too, and the bathroom was even bigger. 

The third room from the hallway lead into a study. It had an old looking wood desk, behind which the whole wall was glass looking out to the sea. On the walls hung hundreds of paintings.

I walked out and up the stairs once more, they ended into one huge room that looked like a mix of a night club and a video game store. This must be a party family, I though madly, they must spoil their kids, that’s not good, children need to struggle to learn.

I turn around and head back down stairs and find a packet laying on the dinning room table. It says;

Hello my name is Esme,

Before you start reading this packet you must understand that my family is different, and if you respect my children they will respect you. They have had hard lives in the past and you must be forgiving for their attitude.

Huh...why would she say that?

I have eight children

Eight? There were only four bedrooms.

They are all adopted.

All of them adopted? No wonder they have problems.

They are Alice 17, Bella 17, and Emmet 18, they are brother and sisters. Then there is Edward 17 and Renesmee 16, they are brother and sister, and are my sister’s children. Jasper 18 and Rosalie 18, are twins and are Dr. Cullen’s brother’s children. Last but not least is Jacob 18. They do not like to talk about their past, so don’t push them.

Wow that many adopted teenagers in the house must be crazy, they must not all be well behaved because they did not grow up in the right environment like my children did.

They are all together, this does not bother us, do not bother with them and they will treat you okay. The couples are; Edward and Bella, Rosalie and Emmet, Renesmee and Jacob, and Alice and Jasper. 

Wait...they’re all together? First, they are to young to date, and second dating within your family is wrong, even if they are all adopted!

My husband and I like to spoil our children, they each have unlimited cards, if you don’t watch out Alice will drag you on one of her multiple daily trips shopping.

Unlimited!? These children are spoiled and have no sense of responsibility. 

My husband, Carlisle, is a doctor at the local hospital so he works odd hours, his office upstairs is off limits for everyone. I stay at home and garden and clean the house all day, taking care of eight teenage children is a constant job.

Lazy, she stays at home all day. I bet that the children never really spend time with their father!

Let me warn you Emmet and Jasper are pranksters, and for no reason are the children allowed to play Truth or Dare, but other than that there are no big rules. If they brake something they must replace it.

Thanks

Esme Cullen

P.S. Rosalie had a hard life before she came here, she will not warm up to you slowly, just let her be and she will be okay.

Wow that is crazy eight adopted teenagers who are all together. How does she handle all of them, and still have time to clean this huge house and garden?

Thanks to all of you who voted! If I could get some comments that would be great! Can we try for 5 votes?