Chapter 22: Sacrifice

I knew I was smiling stupidly as I walked with Michelle to go see the Council, but I couldn’t help myself. Luke words were on repeat in my head, “Do you think I would fall in love with someone who wasn’t any of that?” He was in love with me. I could feel myself blushing as I turned his words over and over in my head. Michelle shot me a sideways glance and silently raised her eyebrows. I kept my gaze forward and bit my lip to stop the smile. Soon we reached the door to the Chamber and we stopped outside it. Michelle pushed open the door and together we walked in.

“I have brought her.” Michelle said, before bowing and leaving the room. I looked up and saw the entire Council sitting around a long table. Mina stood as I walked forward.

“Join us Ella. We have to talk.” she said solemnly. I took the only available seat, at the head of the table. Mina sat to my right and Aterus to my left. The rest of the Council was seated on either side of the table after them.

“What do you have to say to me?” I asked, noticing I was speaking with an Angelus accent again.

“We only want to explain.” Mina said.

“Explain what? How my parents died, or how you sold them out?”

“It was not like that.”

“Then what was it? They’re dead, because of you. What more is there?”

“The truth. Yes, what Ciara told your Aunt was correct, but you have to understand the reason behind our actions. Please Ella, let us show you.”

I swallowed around the lump in my throat and blinked tears from my eyes, “How are you going to show me?” I asked.

The Council joined their hands quietly, and Mina reached hers out to me. I slowly took it, completing the circle. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, just as the rest of the Council had done. Mina suddenly began chanting a strangely familiar song in the Angelus language.

Soha hara jeika semperis titiana.”

I began to feel drowsy, a fog settling over my mind. Soon the only tangible things I could feel were the hands in my own. Suddenly an image began to form behind my closed eyelids. It was blurry at first, but grew steadily clearer until it was as if it were right in front of us. Soon voices accompanied the picture, until it was like a movie playing beneath my eyelids.

~O~O~

Two Angelus stood before the Council, their arms around each other’s waist. The woman had long blonde hair that reached to her waist. Her wings were a pale yellow, the same as her aura. She was smiling happily, her blue eyes sparkling as she spoke. The man next to her had short brown hair and warm chocolate eyes. His aura and wings were a light blue, almost grey. His face bore the same smile as the woman, full of excitement.

Those are my parents, I realized with a jolt.

“She’s due in May, a Spring baby.” said the women excitedly.

“And how do you know it’s a girl?” asked Lord Damon.

 I suddenly noticed that Mina and Aterus were not anywhere to be seen. The thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind however, when Lana spoke again.

“I just do. I can feel it.” she replied.

“That is truly great news Lana. But what can we do for you. Surely you didn’t travel all the way here to inform us of your pregnancy when a simple dream would have sufficed.”

“Actually, there is more… Adrian?” Lana said, turning to her husband.

“This may sound like I am just bragging about my daughter, but there is something different here. I cannot explain it, but I know my child is special.” He answered.