chapter 3: conversation with Alex part.2

“Am I right?"

"Huh? Right about what?" I asked stupidly, coming out of my trance and turning to look at Alex.

Alex rolls his eyes, heaving a huge sigh at the same time, and then fixes me with a stare.

"Am I right about this? Is all because of William?"

"William?" I asked confusedly.

And then it hits me that that must be his name. I grin idiotically. I like the way the name tastes in my mouth and feels on my lips. In fact, I love it so much I say it again; I sigh dreamily and go back to looking at the corner William just disappeared around.

"Oh, my sweet Jesus. It really is! Holy shit, Michael! "He said sounding slightly panicked.

I can't really bring myself to care, though. Actually, I can't bring myself to care at all.

William…William, William, William…Will...

And then it hits me. I snap out of it, shaking my head, and turn to look at Alex with such an intense stare that he actually leans away from me. Whatever. I don't care about that either. What I care about is how the hell he knew his name—William's name.

"You know him?! How?! Where!?"

"He's new and he's in my chemistry class, that's all."

Then he gives me a martyred look.

"But, dude…really? Him?"

"Why do you say it like it's a bad thing? And how could you tell?"

Alex cocks a disbelieving eyebrow at me.

"Are you serious right now? How could I tell?"

 He rolls his eyes at me.

"Well, for starters, you were staring at him like he was a piece of candy, nearly drooling, when he walked by. Then you kind of freaked out when I said his name. And I say it like a bad thing because it is!"

"Why? What's wrong with him?" I asked slowly trying to stay calm.

"Nothing's 'wrong' with him. He’s just…weird."

Um. Well, duh. I kind of figure that much by his clothes, thanks. And besides, I like weird.

"Is that all?" I asked in a bored tone.

"No! It’s not! What do you even know about this kid?" He exclaimed

"He dresses oddly"

"Which anyone with eyes can see."

"His name's William."

"Which you just learned from me three minutes ago. What else?"

" ..."

"Exactly." He sighed.

Shit. He got me.

I sigh and look over at him.

"Okay. So I don't know a lot about him. But, dude, I don't care. I want to. I want to so fringin' bad! And yeah, he's the reason."

"But why?” He asked earnestly.

"I don't know. I just saw him yesterday and everything just, I don't know, became clearer or whatever."

I turn away from him to stare out the window.

"It was weird. When I looked at him, I just…knew he was amazing and that I had to know him and be with him and..."

"Okay. Enough. I've heard enough. You can stop talking about him now. I get it."