Fur

Dear Dickon,

I'm back! But what's better is that you're back. I recreated you out of scratch, adding the remains of your previous pages from the fire. Believe me, it's much better than buying a brand new notebook, because you're not new. You've been there all along.

Christopher and I will wed in a month, and I am far too ecstatic to wait.

He knows who I am now. I told both his father, who is healthy and alive, but I gave more details to Christopher. He saw me a few nights ago in his dream after I had supposedly been struck by an arrow.

Yes, I travel through dreams at night -mostly children's though. Children are the most imaginative.

I still have many questions, like if that means I'm made up of imagination. I suppose not, because I still do things everyone else does, like racing through the fields, laughing with Christopher, and especially writing.

I am still human and nothing that I do during the day changes. Only at night I have a task to do: fill children's dreams; push them along to their destinies.

I am sure you're wondering what kind of children see me in their dreams. Looking through their eyes, I can see a bit of their surroundings: telecommunication devices charging, harmless little wolves curled up by their side ...these are the children of America. The younger version of the great masterminds who will create genius works -like the scripts I love to read.

I wondered what I look like to them. Christopher said he could read my entire history through my eyes when I looked at him in his dream. Maybe the other children see the same, or they may not see my at all. Many of them simply continue their ways through their dream while I look on from the side, content to remain in the shadows.

Whatever they see, they'll know when I'm around,

for they will see a brown blur of fur dart by.

I am and will always be,
Armelle the Bear Princess