Dear Dickon

Dear Diary,

Hello! I'm Armelle. Armelle Sauvageon. Unless you haven't heard, you are a gift to me from Mother and Father. You are my new and only friend. Let's see... what should I talk about, Diary?

I don't mean to boast, but why had Mother and Father given me such a name, and called you such a queer dull name? Diary? Who ever thought of that? Why don't I rename you, if that's alright? I hope you don't mind, but I'd prefer you to be a 'he', if you know what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the wait. I had stood up from where I was sitting in my bedroom, and walked up to the bookshelf to look for a good name. I have all of the latest books that come in to the postal service. The majority are from... I recall, the kingdom of America?

Anyway, I've discovered a great name for you: Dickon. Only the most wonderful men have such a title, like Dickon Sowerby from the Secret Garden, or the well known author in America, Charles Dickens -wait, that's not spelled the same. No difference.

If I'm lazy, I shall call you Dickie instead, but that shouldn't be the case.

What else shall I talk about?

I am a princess. My mother and father rule the kingdom of Valencia.

I absolutely love theatre. I have always wondered what it's like behind those curtains when my family goes to see a show. They must be paid a lot, because everyone applauds generously. I'd love to be one of the actors in the show. In fact, I've memorized all of the characters' lines in many of the scripts that come in from America. All I need is someone else to perform them with me.

I've had a long birthday today, so I think I'll go to bed.

Good night, Dickon!
Armelle

P.S. I am now officially thirteen.
P.P.S. Now that I'm thirteen, I shall see the Future. It's a once in a lifetime event, so I'd better be ready!