Snow

Her numb feet munched on the snow beneath her, making a crunching sound. Bits of the burning cold fluff clung to her stringy hair. She squinted, looking straight up towards the shredding sky. Poles of trees mostly blocked the view, but she could still see a glimpse of the dying sky, being stripped of its white puffiness.

Armelle's stomach cried out loud. It had been almost twenty-four hours since she left her home, let alone ate.

Her feet wobbled from fatigue, and her breath began to lose its warmth. It was a dangerous sign when she suddenly couldn't see the puffs of breath from her mouth anymore. It was time to rest.

After another few minutes of searching, Armelle spotted a hole at the bottom of a tree trunk, big enough for her to squeeze into.

The snow began to fall more heavily now, and even more silently. Once Armelle positioned herself more comfortably inside the tree, she nuzzled her face into her father's coat wrapped around her. There was still no warmth.

Desperate for food, she grabbed a handful of snow from outside, forcing it into her mouth and swallowing it.

It was freezing cold, but at least it saved her from dehydration. Yet, her stomach still moaned for something more substantial.

Snow. Such a loud thing. Through its actions it screams, burns, and cries.

It almost ate the life out of Armelle.