The Happenings on Halloween

Author's Note: I hate myself for not uploading in a week. I hope you haven't given up on me! Please comment to let me know you're still reading and what your thoughts are. I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

The next day, I went to visit Chloe very early in the morning. I brought her some flowers to brighten up her beside table, but when I arrived there were already flowers beside her.

"Five minutes, Miss Potter!"

"Yes, Madam Pomfrey," I said to her.

"Hi, Chloe. How are you feeling?" I asked as I approached her bedside.

"A little better," she said, "Still not too great."

"I'm sorry. Who are the flowers from?" I asked, very eager to find out.

"Daniel," she said casually.

I snorted and placed the flowers I had brought her in a vase with Daniel's flowers.

I pulled up a chair and sat next to her bed.

"Did you find the Invisibility Cloak?" she whispered to me, her eyes drifting into space.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you find the invisibility cloak?" she said once more in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Um, yes...and you were there!" I told her, very confused at what she was saying.

"Ha-ha! No I was not," she said.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, very worried as to why she might be acting like this.

"Your hair is pretty," she said and smiled at me.

"Madam..Madam Pomfrey?" I called nervously, getting out of my chair.

"What is it, dear?" she called back, hurrying into the room.

 "W-what's wrong with Chloe?" I asked her.

"Oh, I apologize, I should have told you before I left! She has hypothermia, dear. Her body temperature is much lower than normal due to last night's incident. The medication I gave her, along with the severe temperature, is causing her thinking and comprehension to be a little slow today. It should ware off in a matter of hours."

Madam Pomfrey nodded and smiled before scurrying off to attend to another patient.

I went and sat down next to her once more, and she grinned at me.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That evening, Daniel and I went to visit Chloe.

Chloe was feeling better, and was starting to act more like herself.

"I still can't believe you two went to Malfoy's house without me!" stated Daniel for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Sorry, Dan! Next time we go somewhere dangerous, risking our lives, and breaking about one hundred school rules resulting in being expelled, we will be sure you come along too!" I snapped at him. It was annoying for him to say such a thing once, but seventeen was drawing the limit!

"So, Chloe, when are you going to be released?" asked Daniel, his cheeks flushed.

"Tomorrow evening," she replied quietly.

"Great!" I said.

 I missed my best friend.

"Day after tomorrow, okay?" she whispered to us.

"What do you mean?" I questioned her. I hoped that she wasn't losing her sanity again.

"The room of requirement, of course!" she said. Clearly, none of us were on the same page.