Hagrid

Author's note: This chapter is dedicated to R.J. who is very much in need of this chapter to be posted :) Thank you, R.J. for your dedication to the story. You rock!

I kept running. I was out of breath. My heart was pounding, but I kept running. Where should I go?

Maybe I need to find James?

No...I don't know where he is.

To Professor McGonagall's office?

No...I don't want to disturb her and she wouldn't believe me.

Maybe I should just go the Ravenclaw common room?

That would probably be best, but I hadn't any idea where I was.

I decided to keep running. I ran through the halls and through the corridors and up the stairs and around the corner and through the door and I came across the great hall.

Finally!!

I paused to take a breath and my eye caught the door to the outside cracked open. I decided I could use some fresh air to relax and calm down, so I went through it, and cracked it so that I could get back when I needed to.

It creaked loudly. I was afraid of someone following me, so I ran some more. I ran and perched myself under a willow tree.

I sat there, and I cried into my hands.

Why me?

I asked myself, and pondered on the possibilities of what might be going on.

I couldn't think of any logical explanation to any of it.

Suddenly, a thought came to me.

The Dark Mark!

I had seen it in Gray's office in the picture frame.

Clearly, Gray was a supporter of Voldemort!

Naturally, he doesn't like me.

But yet, why was he so angered with Scorpius?

I thought about it for a moment, remembering that Salazar wanted to find out something about me that morning when Hugo rescued me.

Am I being followed?

I looked around nervously but saw no one.

The thought of the Malfoy's and Gray seemingly wanting something from me, rather sickened me, and caused my crying to continue.

I needed a friend. Then and there. My heart ached for a friend whom I could tell all my troubles and who could comfort me and help me fight this battle.

An idea came to me.

I may not have a friend, but I have Hagrid.

The thought of Hagrid always brought a smile to my face.

Hagrid at that time was a very, very old man, but still splendidly kind and sincere as ever.

I practically frolicked over to Hagrid's hut. (Which had been rebuilt after the war)

He was sitting on his porch, drinking as always.

"Hagrid!" I called out to him, in a saddened manner.

"Lily!" he said, with a surprised tone to his voice, "What're you doin' here at this time o' night?"

He stood up, and I ran to hug him and confess my troubles.

I, being only eleven and not very tall for my age, hugged merely his legs. He patted my head.

"Oh Hagrid! It's all been so horrible!"

I told him of everything that was troubling me in extreme detail, and rather quickly that he had to stop me and ask me to slow down.

I ended my rant with the thought that had occurred to me earlier; "Why me?"

Hagrid merrily laughed at this and said, "Well, Lily. Yer a Potter. Can't help it, you can't. You remind me of yer father. I wouldn't worry about it fer a moment, I wouldn't! Ther's always somethin' goin' on with those Malfoy's! Just try ter carry on, and don't go gettin' anymore detention, ya here?" he winked at me. "I'll keep my eye out fer an'thing goin' on 'round here. Don't worry, Lily, don't worry."

"Thank you, Hagrid," I told him.

He was right, I shouldn't worry.

I decided I would try to make tomorrow normal, if that was even possible for the daughter of Harry Potter.

Author's Note: Hope you like it! Once again, for me to post, I need 5 comments! If I get 5 comments before 3:00 EST tomorrow afternoon, I will post by no later than 6:00 EST, but if I don't have 5 comments by 3:00 EST you will have to wait til Sunday.

Hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to comment, vote, fan, favorite etc. <3

Your support means the world to me! I'm not kidding! I'm sirius guys!

~m. j. grant