McGonagall's Office

• Dedicated to Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, May he rest in peace

"Expulsion, perhaps immediate, maybe detention for the rest of the term, it could be anything," said Chloe, when I asked her what she thought our punishment might be.

"I'm sorry you had to be a part of this, Chloe. I promise to accept full blame for everything."

"Lily, do not fret about it for one moment! I had a great time, and I'm glad I went. It's as simple as that."

We reached the door to McGonagall's office, and knocked on the door, for we did not know the password. The door opened and we heard McGonagall's voice from the top of the staircase, "Come in."

We entered and walked up the staircase into her office. It was lovely. Beautifully decorated with gold and red, and covered with portraits. It was marvelous.

I looked around awestruck with my mouth wide open.

"Your office is lovely, Professor McGonagall."

Flattering, I knew, would get me nowhere, but it was worth a try; and completely true.

"Thank you, Potter. Now, will the two of you take a seat over here, please?"

Chloe and I obeyed and took our seats in front of Professor McGonagall's desk. She sat in front of us on the other side of the desk.

"Now, I believe we have an unanswered question, and that question is where were the two of you today?" The headmistress spoke strictly.

Chloe's knees were shaking, and she looked over at me.

"We went to Hogsmeade, Professor," I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Miss Potter and Miss Gordon, were you aware that Hogsmeade trips are specifically for those in their third year and up?"

"Yes, Professor," said Chloe and I at the same time.

"And what, may I ask, was your business going to Hogsmeade?" she asked us.

I considered lying to her, but decided on telling the truth. For all I knew, the truth might save us from expulsion.

"Uhh, well, I needed to talk to my father, Professor."

"What about, Miss Potter?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"I understand, Miss Potter. It is none of my business, but I hope you do realize no matter the reason, you broke the rules. You will have detention one week from tonight. You as well, Miss Gordon."

"Yes, Professor."

"Yes, Professor."

The Headmistress smiled.

"You may leave, girls."

Before we left, I took one last look around the office, and saw a portrait of Albus Dumbledore. My face lit up when I saw him. He was a very special man, and it was lovely to see him, even if it was just a portrait.