Hugo Weasley

The last thing I heard was "POTTER?? WHAT THE..."

I don't remember what happened next; all I know is that an hour later I opened my eyes and a worried look on the face of my cousin, Hugo Weasley was right in front of me.

"Oh Lily; thank goodness!"

"Hugo!? W-what happened?"

"Salazar Malfoy, that's what happened!! I was just on my way back to Gryffindor tower when I saw a bright light in the hallway opposite of where I was going. I went to go see what it was when I nearly tripped right over you! Salazar saw you and I tried to grab you before he did.. So I punched him in the face, grabbed you, and ran to this classroom..on the way you passed out and I've been sitting here for the past hour trying to get you to wake up! Oh Lily, what were you thinking? You're pretty lucky I found you or you'd be in a heap of trouble right now!"

I didn't know what I was thinking, but if it weren't for Hugo, I wouldn't have been thinking at all.

"I'm sorry," I told him, "I just wanted to find out what he was saying. There's something he wants to find out about me, Hugo; and from the sound of it, don't think it's my birthday."

Hugo frowned for a moment, and then checked his watch.

"LILY! Class started 15 minutes ago! What's your first class?"

I gasped, "Double Defense against the Dark Arts!"

"COME ON!" he said, helping me up.

I still felt very lightheaded and sick but I followed Hugo as fast as I possibly could, while he whispered loudly to me.
"Lily, Albus is my best friend but I'm not going to tell him about this. I know he'll be worried and probably tell your mother. I want you to tell James and your dad though; as soon as possible. Do you hear me, Lily?"

"Yes," I breathed quietly.

"Good. Here's your classroom, just follow my lead."

I nodded and we entered the classroom where a tall, large, darkly clothed man was at the head of the classroom.

"Professor Gray," Hugo said.

"Ah, yes, Hugo is it?" Professor Gray replied.

"Y-yes sir. I was headed to class when I found Lily..she was lost, sir."

"Ah. I see. Thank you, Hugo. Lily, you may take your seat. Hugo, you may leave."

"Yes, Professor Gray."

Hugo nervously smiled at me and hurried out of the classroom.

I took a seat next to Jacob, a Hufflepuff. Luckily I had a firm seat to hold onto, because I about fell out of it when I looked towards the head of the classroom....

Author's Note: A shout-out to lolitsme21 who pointed out that I didn't say Double Defense Against the Dark Arts. Thanks! I fixed it :-)

~m. j. grant