Chapter 34: Precious

• Dedicated to The guy with the really nice jawline (x

Might contain many errors* I never have time to edit my chapters, so sorry. :)

Chapter 34: Precious

Leila picked herself up from the floor and placed the book back on the shelf. She slowly walked over to the exit and into the hallway.

“Oh hey! Did you just wake up now?” Jason asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yeah,” Leila sighed tiredly.

“Oh okay then. We can go out for coffee or something…” he trailed.

“No thanks. I think I should get going now,” Leila yawned as she walked over to her bag.

“I had washed and dried your clothes earlier. Here they are,” he handed her the clothes.

“Thanks,” she sighed, making her way to his car. He unlocked it as they both slid in quietly.

The drive was filled with awkward silence. Leila didn’t know what to talk about. Would she talk to him about his feelings? Would he even confess to her how he really feels? Heaving a sigh, Leila looked out the window, glancing at a familiar peach crème house.

“Thanks for everything,” Leila smiled as she got out.

“Anything for you,” Jason mumbled as he pulled out of the driveway.

Taking out her house keys, Leila made her way up the stairs. She lay on her bed and fell into a deep sleep. Leila dreamt of Louis calling out to her… reading the message on the card over and over.

“Precious….” He trailed as Leila shot up from her bed. What did those dreams mean? What did his message mean?

Leila peered over her window and saw the sun beginning to set. She walked over to the window and looked closer, watching her dad play with her brother’s dog. She turned around and headed down, towards their back yard.

“Come on Precious! Come on girl!” Her father cooed as he threw the Frisbee across the yard.

“Wait dad. What did you say?” Leila stopped in her tracks and looked at him.

“I said Precious?” He questioned as the little Pomeranian bounced around him. “Remember how furious your brother got? You called him Precious behind his back, so whenever Louis called him ‘P-Diddy,’ the dog wouldn’t budge. He even gave you the silent treatment.” Her father’s eyes sparkled as he chuckled at the memory.

“Yeah,” Leila sighed. How could she have forgotten about that? She bugged her mom to take her to the pet store on their seventh birthday, hoping to get Louis the Daschund he has always wanted. Instead, the pet store only had Chihuahuas and…. The other dog that caught her eyes, it was Precious. The cute little white Pomeranian. Louis was ecstatic when he got the dog, but his smile faltered once he heard the name Leila gave him. They both argued, but Louis eventually won. He decided to name him P-Diddy. Leila, however, chose to call the dog Precious behind her brother’s back. It was funny seeing her brother become so frustrated, calling out to the dog.

Suddenly, a light bulb flashed upon her head… Precious! He put Precious on the message! She stumbled over to her dad’s side and shouted, “Where is it!?”

“Where’s what?” her father questioned worriedly.

“The dog house! I’ve got it now!” she practically screamed, looking for the dog house.

“Well… It’s always been next to that rose bush your mom planted,” her father looked at her worriedly. He followed her over to the dog house.