Chapter 26: Was It All A Dream?

“Wake up,” Leila was shaken lightly. “You’re going to miss our vacation if you don’t wake up!” His voice made her shoot up from bed. He sighed and continued, “Finally! I thought you’d never wake up. Were you having nightmares?”

“I…I…thought you were going to leave me,” she whispered. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

“You know I’d always be looking down on you. Even if I do die, I’d still be watching over you,” she returned his smile and nodded. He pulled her up, “Now let’s go! You’ve been waiting for this all your life right?”

“Oh my gosh! We’re here?!”

“Of course we are, princess,” her father appeared through the door with her mother in tow.

“But I thought you and chair… coma…” Leila shook her head and thought of it all as a dream. “This is unreal!”

“Let’s make most of everything, shall we?” Louis pulled them all outside.

As soon as they were outside, Leila was greeted by many animal sounds. Louis pulled her into what seemed like a park. It was the Disney Animal Kingdom Park. She has seen many pictures and had done many researches about it. It had about almost two thousand animals and was divided into seven areas.

“I knew you loved animals, so I made sure this is the first place we’d go to,” Louis smiled as he tugged her to see many different types of species. She grinned widely and shrieked as the excitement bubbled up inside of her.

Leila hasn’t seen this much animals her whole entire life. About hundreds of animals later, her feet started to throb. Louis stopped and looked at her.

“Are you guys hungry?” her mother asked.

“Famished!” Louis exclaimed as he tugged on Leila’s hand once again. He pulled her into dining area. The smell of fresh barbecue made her mouth water.

“I hope you’re craving for barbecue too. We’re in Discovery Island… If you want pizza, we can get that too,” Leila nodded.

“Okay, I’ll have barbecue,” the waiter led them out into a pavilion. It overlooked a beautiful river.

“The Discovery River,” Leila and Louis both stated together. They turned to each other and chuckled.

It was simply beautiful. Louis held her hands as they sat in a relaxing silence. She looked over at her parents and saw that they were looking at the river too. Her dad’s arm slung around her mom’s shoulders. Leila could’ve never been happier.

“Thank you for this,” she whispered gratefully.

“Anything for you,” he smiled charmingly.

The food soon came. Leila ate slowly, savoring the flavor of her smoked barbecued ribs.

Soon after, Louis tugged her outside again. They left the Animal Kingdom and headed towards the rides. They went on countless of thrilling rides. Leila hesitated and noticed that their parents were gone.

“They went to spend alone time together. You never know, we might come back from this trip with another sibling,” Louis nudged her playfully. Leila smacked him lightly and blushed. Night slowly crept in as Leila felt herself become tired. Louis looked up and pulled her again. “Just one more thing. Come on,” he led her towards Epcot Theme Park.

Leila gasped as she saw the beautiful fireworks. He sighed, “The IllumiNations: Reflection of the Earth show.”

“It’s so beautiful,” Leila stared off at the lights.