Chapter 22: Best Gift Ever

Uploaded early because I love me some LUMPS! <3

Chapter 22: Best Gift Ever

Leila woke up, feeling her head buzz. She looked over her alarm clock and saw that she was an hour late for school! She jumped up and headed for the bathroom. She quickly showered and threw her clothes on. By the time she was finished, she was an hour and a half late for school. She stumbled down the stairs and found Louis with her mom. She held a luggage.

“What’s going on? How come no one woke me up for school?” Leila looked at Louis, her mom, then at the luggage.

“Well I have a surprise for you, little sister. Just pack your bags and I’ll be telling you what that is tonight,” Louis took the luggage from their mom and headed for his room. “You’ll be needing about two weeks worth of clothing.”

“What surprise? Tell me Louis,” she pleaded as she caught up with him. He turned and smiled.

“I’ll tell you over dinner. You’re lucky though. I was supposed to tell you on our birthday,” he turned back to his door and started to pack.

Leila shrugged it all off and headed for her room. She opened her closet and started to pack her things. She wondered what the surprise was. She was halfway done with packing when she heard her stomach growl. She looked over the clock and saw it was an hour past twelve. She groaned, remembering that she forgot to eat breakfast too.

She headed for the kitchen and smelled the fresh aroma of spaghetti and freshly baked brownies.

“Hey there sweetie,” her mother handed her a plate. “I haven’t seen you come down for breakfast. You must be starving!”

“Yup,” Leila filled half of her plate with spaghetti and the other with brownies. She ate quickly, not bothering to savor the flavor.

“Slow down there princess,” at the sound of her nickname, she dropped her fork onto her plate. She looked back and saw her father. She hasn’t seen him in days!

“Hi daddy,” she mumbled. He took a piece of napkin and wiped the side of her mouth. It was a simple gesture which made Leila grin.

“How are you doing princess?” He looked at her with so much love, it made her heart swell. She missed him so much.

“I’m good. Are you packing too?”

“Yup. Your brother has a big surprise for you,” he winked.

“What is it?” Leila gulped, hoping her dad would tell her.

“I’m not allowed to tell you. I pinky promised I wouldn’t,” he sighed, taking a seat next to her. He pulled her into a side hug and whispered, “I’ve missed you so much my one and only princess.”

“I missed you too daddy,” she looked up at him and smiled. He returned the smile and kissed her cheek. Though she was almost sixteen, she still felt like a ten year old whenever she was with her father. She missed those glorious days.

“You better finish eating. Louis wants us to finish packing by today. We can go out for dinner tonight. Tomorrow and on Thursday, we’re going to the beach, Fun Park and wherever you guys want to go. Although on Friday, you and Louis still need to attend school. You will be picking up your assignments and saying goodbye to your friends,” Leila felt herself smiling wider now. They haven’t had family time in years!

“Okay daddy,” she resumed eating and he left the kitchen. For the rest of the day, Leila spent it cleaning and packing more of her belongings.

“Whoa sis! It’s not like we’re moving out,” Louis gestured to the four huge bags on the floor.