Chapter 31: Sleepover!

Leila stared at the folder; her mind still wandered onto her previous decision. Mason was the reason why Louis died, she was sure of that. But that kiss… It just felt so right.

“Hello? Earth to Leila?” A hand waved in front of her eyes, bringing her out of her trance.

“Oh hey,” she smiled at him faintly.

“Ready to go?” Jason held out his hand for her to take.

“Yeah,” she used one of her hands to reach for Jason’s and the other for the folder. Quickly letting go of his hand, she made a dash for her purse. She stuffed it in swiftly and walked back to him. “Let’s go.”

“Okay?” he raised one of his brows at her as she shook her head lightly.

“Don’t even think about asking,” she gritted her teeth as they got into his car. Jason nodded lighly and started the car. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” he smiled and pulled out of her driveway.

Meanwhile, Mason drove to one of the places he had gone to whenever he felt like the world was against him. Finally finding what he was looking for; he sat down and stared down at his hands. The wind blew slightly, blowing strands of his hair over his eyes.

“I don’t know if I made the right decision, mom,” his voice breaking in the end. He sighed and smiled, “I really love her mom. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. What should I do?” He trailed his fingers over the marble stone.

Over the past few months, he has made a trip to visit his mother’s grave almost every day. Sure he could turn to Mary Joy’s mother, but it never felt the same with her. He needed his real mother.

“I called Mary Joy on the way here and told her what happened. She called me stupid for doing that. She said that I should’ve waited for Leila to get her memories back. She doesn’t understand me mom, none of them do. I love Leila too much… It pained me to let her go, but it hurt even more to see her sad. I just want her to be happy again. I know I can never give her that now. I’ve really messed up in the past. All of these secrets I’ve kept… I knew I should’ve told her! But it’s too late, I guess,” Mason shrugged and continued, “Enough about me. I really miss you mom. I could really use one of your hugs right now or hour long lectures… I just wish you were here.”

Tears managed their way out. He wiped them away quickly before kissing his mother’s engraved name. Pulling away, he whispered, “I love you mom.” He let the tears finally fall. He didn’t know how long he stayed there. By the time he was getting into his car, the sun was beginning to set.

Leila fidgeted with the radio, looking for a good station. After finding one, she tapped her finger along the beat and sang a little. She wanted to get her mind off of Mason.

“You okay?” Jason gave her a side glance before fixing his eyes back on the road.

“Yeah,” she breathed out, taking in her surroundings. They were passing by a very nice neighborhood. She wasn’t all too familiar with the place. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” he said once again, finally parking in front of a beautiful home. It looked a bit small, but the garden and the peach color made it look cute. “Come on,” Jason opened her door and helped her out of the car.

“Jason! Leila! It’s so nice to see you both again,” A voice as soft as silk rang across the yard. Leila looked over at the source of the voice. There stood a woman with beautiful brown hair framing her face and stopping right below her breasts. Her pale complexion made her look exotic.