Final chapter - Path 1

"Give me back (y/n)." I glared at the figure, daring them to brush me off.

"Tsk." The voice said. "I see now."

"Don't beat around the fucking bush."I snarled.

"Impatient as always. I understand you fully now. So is (Y/N) and object now? Does she belong to you?"

"No what-!"

"And like an object, she can be used, broken, thrown away...forgotten? Hoping that she will be recycled again and again, experiencing the same pain, over and over again? Is this what she is to you?"

"You don't know shit! What the hell do you know?!"

"A lot more than you," the figure pulls down their hood, and the voice distorts again into one of a female, "Levi."

"Y/N....?" I whispered, my eyes were probably wide. I mean, why wouldn't it be? As well as myself, Hanji's was too. "Wh-" she cuts me off

"You're wondering 'why?' right?," I just stare at her blankly. "I too, wonder why. Why is it so hard to gain the trust of others? Why life is so unfair? Why something that has nothing to do with a person, has to haunt and torment them. But now i know. "

Before I could reply, she was in front of me. How did she move so fast?!?

"Thank you, Levi" I caught sight of a knife, reflected in her eyes. I could've moved. I could've dodged.

But.....

I stood still.

Don't ask me why. But maybe it was because i felt that this was my way...

Of apologising to you.

(Y/N)

~~~

All I heard was a muffled voice. Of course shitty-glasses yelling at me again...something along the lines of "no". Then i felt pain. Not physically though. The pain of betrayal and regret. No, it wasnt that (Y/N) betrayed me. She didnt. It was me. I betrayed her trust, her faith. If she is disillusioned now, its because of me. 

Nixon. So cute. I didnt see you as my brother, i saw you more like, my son. Our son. (Y/N) and I's. Who knew what would've happened if — we could've lived so happily. Tch what am i saying. Who knew i was the type of cheesy person to say such things before i di—well it doesnt matter. If there was anything I wanted you to know, its that such things, i hope you won't be mad at yourself (Y/N), I hope you won't blame yourself. Because none of it...none of it is your wrong doing..at least, from where I stand.

~~

Hanji POV:

"NO! (Y/N) please! You don't want to do this —" I yelled, louder than i had ever before. I mean yea...shorty could be a pain, hypocrite, i could go on...he is my friend. Even though i felt betrayal, he is my friend. 

Her eyes...hollow. The pain of being through so much showed so clearly. I tried running...i —i wasn't fast enough.

Too soon, (Y/N)'s wrist shot forward. Right....at his heart. Where he hurt her most. I couldn't move. I was now beside her. But i couldn't move. 

"Wh...what did i do..?" (Y/N) breathed out. Her knife dropped from her gripped and clattered to the floor. "Why does this always happen to me? Why can i never control my actions..?" Her expression is straight but by reading her shaking hands and the tear tracing the cheeks of her face, I could tell...she had regretted this. 

I was afraid. Yea, I was afraid of (Y/N) the possibility that she could've done something so extreme. But despite all that, I walked over to her and hugged her. Hugged Levi. Together, we hugged. Drenched in the blood of the sleeping one's. 

"It's not your fault..." We heard a voice mutter. 

"Levi!!!" We yelled in unison. But he had then gone quiet once more. (Y/N) yelled, and cried. 

"We still have a chance. Let's take him to the hospital." I pleaded her with my eyes.

She nods silently. And helps me carry him to the car. 

"I'm not going." She whispers.

"(Y/N), you are going whether you like it or not. He needs you."

"He..doesn't. Please, I don't belong there right now. Tell Nixon im sorry. Tell everyone i'm sorry. I love you all...mkay?"

I knew what she was thinking. I guess I have to understand that. I nod.

"oh, and Hanji....the reason why I wanted to him to bring you here is because i knew I was gonna do something stupid. Thank you."

Those were the last things she said to me..to anyone. Levi was in a coma for almost a year. And (Y/N), she disappeared.

~~~

2 years later...

Levi POV:

"Levi-nii-chann~~~ guess what. I think there is this girl that I have a crush on...and..well.." Nixon throws me a piece of paper shyly. 

To Nixon

HaiHai...

I do you think it would be alright if we hung out at (placename) tomorrow?

It's not that i might like you or anything...so don't get the wrong idea...kay?

~(name of girl crush)

I smirk at Nixon and raise my eyebrows. 
"Really? Your crush is on a tsundere?"

"Sh-shes no-you dont gotta be mean about it (>////<)"

"I'm joking"...i fell in love with a tsuntsun too. I wanted to say.

"well im gonna go out. See ya onii-cha-oh i forgot there was mail for you too. Here."

He handed me a pale yellow envelope, and slowly i opened it.

Hey, I know this might come as a surprise. I apologise for everything.
If you still hate me, please meet me at the 2nd park bench near the river tomorrow. I will be there all day. Even if you really turn up, you won't see me. But i will see you. I'm sorry if i make this decision hard for you, but i promise i will see you again when i forgive myself.

~(Y/N)

P.s I am rooting for Nixon's relationship ;);)

So the next day, I never visited the 2nd park bench by the river. Until exactly 24 hours, when the day was up. I ran. It was true. I couldn't see her anywhere. But I knew, she was watching me.

~~~

This is the end of path 1. Path 2 will be out soon. Path one was my initial planned ending, and the other paths are some suggestions which i think sound so much better! Well, sorry for the late update T^T