Chapter Eighteen.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

A/N: This chapter is in aid of Kuraiwriterchan who said she wanted a little something going on between Lawson and Leo. And I say, who am I to deny my readers? A little romance you want, a little romance you get.

Oh. My birthday is on the 21st. This Wednesday. I'm going to be 15. I'm going to be away on a family day out with my... family. Who'd have guessed it? Ironic, right? Well, I guess that means my normal update will be a little later than usual. Sorry guys.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Thank you.

     A COUPLE OF days ago, Hunter had come over and things had been great. I had even managed to forget about the freaky dream I had regarding two certain men in hoods. However, this didn't last long and I seemed to have remembered the dream very clearly as it all came back to me once my head hit the pillow for the night.

     So I spent the night tossing and turning, sleeping only half an hour or even twenty minutes at a time. I was haunted by the men in different coloured robes; red and black. Time and time again did I witness the man in the back robe slash his blade into the others heart, only to have a black liquid emerge from the wound. And I would be left curious as to what they both were discussing.

     The man in the red robe mentioned something about me holding a secret, one that he needed. Whereas the man in the black robe didn't reveal any excess information, he just denied the other man of what he wanted.

     There would be times when I would wake up and think that the black robes man had indeed saved me from the torture the other would have put me through. But then there was the doubt regarding his motives. Why did he save me from the red robed man? Was he after the secret too?

      There was something about the black robed man that intrigued me. There was a part of my brain that hady alarm bells going off, warning me to stay away from the black robed man, for he could be equally or even more dangerous than the one in the red. I mean, why did he choose for the colour of his robe to be black? To blend in? To hide in dark places? Why not white? White symbolised peace and hood will, anything good really, whereas black equaled darkness and murder; anything but positive. Was there a reason he had chosen black?

     He had killed the other man in such a grotesque way; such a horrid way. No emotions were apparent in is face or posture, as if he felt nothing for the man he had just murdered. Even though the sensible part of me was telling me that I should just carry on with my life and forget about the dream, there was a part of me that wanted to know more. Like, what did the dream mean? Why was I dreaming about it? Did the dream Ben have anything to do with me? And most importantly, who was the man in the black robes? That was probably the question that was eating at me the most, hungry for answers.

     My head would hurt from thinking so much about a single dream, my former headache was reappearing. Though some Tylenol and water soon out a stop to that. But that still didn't mean that all my thoughts and enquiries just disappeared like that, not really.

     However, at this moment, I had my head plummeted deep into my pillow, just enjoying the feel of the soft, cotton pillow against my face. This was the first time all night that I had managed to feel myself fade away into a deep slumber. By the few stray rays of sun that managed to slip past the curtain, I could tell that it was early morning; a little after dawn I expected.

     My cellphone chimed out a tune, signalling that someone wanted to get in touch with me. A groan of disappointment and annoyance slipped past my lips as I screamed into pillow. It was as of the odds were against the idea of me getting any shut eye that day. Just as I was ready to allow myself to slip under the silky covers of sleep, did my phone decide that it was time to call me back to reality.