Chapter Four.

CHAPTER FOUR

     I YAWNED AND stretched as I headed down the stairs, my body no longer clad in PJ's but in skinny jeans and a black flowy top matched with black pumps. I was still tired as I had once again, suffered from those terrible 'Assassin' nightmares last night. They seemed to be playing as a tape recorder as they were constantly the same; the tape recorder was obviously on rewind. The sad thing was that I seemed to be getting used to these weird nightmares as I would no longer scream after waking up from having it. It was as if I was immune to it.

     You know what the sad thing is? I always end up waking up at the bit where I'm just about to lift up the hood of the Assassin to reveal his face. I know it's a dream but I kind of want to see what's under there, a sort of curiosity you can say. It was slightly annoying that this nightmare was on constant repeat as the same passage is always shown. I mean, if I were to have a constant nightmare I would prefer to get somewhere, to actually see the rest of it. Ugh! These nightmares were turning me into a crazy lady. Next thing you knew, Oreo wouldn't be the only cat I have, I would end up with dozens and be left alone the rest of my life. I shuddered at the thought, knowing I was overreacting.

     I sighed and plopped myself down on a stool at the island in the kitchen. It wasn't literally an island, it was a large kitchen worktop that was in the middle of our large kitchen and calling it an island just seemed to cut it. There was no one down yet, so I was left alone. Normally I would have gotten breakfast started for Elliot had I not have suffered from yet another nightmare. It was just getting ridiculous now.

     I sighed yet again and shook my head to get rid of the remembrance of the nightmare. I'm guessing Elliot was still asleep since I heard him snoring earlier when I had gotten up. There was no noise coming from Barney's and Lisa's room as they weren't home. They had left last night for another business trip, if you shall call it that. Though I was glad that I had managed to spend some time with them over the weekend as they had no business then.

     It was nice to just relax and have a nice chat with them. Something that was even better was that they always demanded that Elliot should be in uniform when they were around. They thought that it would be amusing if Elliot were to maintain a certain uniform, though it is my choice if he should maintain this uniform when they're away. As funny as the idea of Elliot in a tuxedo; I kind of felt bad for him as it is was not his style.

     I had a feeling that today was not going to be a good day as I was feeling slightly down, as my guardians had left last night. I had no idea when I would be able to see them again as I was sure that they would be busy for a long time considering the amount of calls that they received in that one weekend that they had spent with Leo and I.

     I sighed; there was no point on me moping around like this. It's not like it would change anything. I got off the bar stool and headed over to the fridge. I tugged on the handle to open door. I scanned the contents of the fridge looking for something that tickled my taste buds. I decided to go with some pop tarts as I didn't feel like a fry up this morning. I would normally stick to my usual bowl of cereal in the morning, watching Leo devour three or four of these in one go, claiming that they were very small and very addictive.

     Maybe I should take a taste of one to see what was so great about these. I grabbed two out of their packets and placed them into the toaster. I waited patiently as they toasted before they popped up. I grabbed them from the toaster and popped them onto a plate deciding that I would toast some for Leo when he finally managed to get out of bed.

     I was kind of jealous of Leo right now as he was probably in some comfortable slumber having a hot dream about some hot male celebrity. I would have loved to be in his position, sleeping comfortably with not a care in the world right now, but instead I was sitting in the kitchen eating some pop tarts. As surprisingly great the pop tarts tasted, I would rather be in bed, but I couldn't as A) I had problems sleeping and B) I had to be at school in an hour. I grumbled to myself. Life was so unfair sometimes! Why could Leo sleep in and I couldn't? To say that I was jealous of Leo right now would be an understatement.