Chapter Ten.

CHAPTER TEN

     THE WEEKEND WENT fast and was uneventful. It was spent with me lounging around the house with Leo and playing with Oreo. I liked the fact that it was quiet as I felt like I needed a rest after the basketball game. It was rough and the rest really helped.

     The most eventful thing about the weekend would probably be when Leo stepped on Oreo's tail by mistake while carrying a big basket of laundry. And to get revenge on Leo, Oreo waited until Leo was asleep to pounce on his face and to scare the living daylights out of him. Leo then decided that he needed revenge, so he decided that he would dunk Oreo in the bathtub full of water and claiming that he was giving him a bath. And then, to get revenge on Leo, Oreo shredded one of Leo's favourite shirts with his claws. That taught Leo never to cross Oreo again. As cute and adorable Oreo is around me, I am aware of his slightly evil side, especially when you get in his bad books.

     And that was how I spent my weekend.

     I walked into Bio with my brown satchel on one shoulder and with Av against my other. "The party rocked my he other day. There was this guy, and it was as if he couldn't stop dancing. I'm sure that he could go professional."

     "I'm sure he could. I mean, if the almighty Av approves then he must be talented. We should send him onto America's Got Talent." I said in mock amazement. A giggle escape my lips when I received the eye toll from Av.

     "We'll see who's laughing when he becomes famous and I get the chance to say 'I danced with him'." She said in a mock serious tone, which caused us both to erupt into fits of giggles. We soon calmed down, only because the whole class was giving us weird looks as if we were some aliens or something of that sort. "I know I left you when we got there and I'm sorry. Forgive me?" She asked while sending me her best puppy dog eyes.

     "Forgiven." I sated simply as we proceeded towards our seats. It seems that Hunter is already sitting in his place, slouching as per usual. I was kind of nervous of having to talk to him, to see him, or even interact with him in any way after the way that I had left him the other day. It wasn't his fault that I left, it wasn't mine either. He just happened to say something's that managed to affect me in certain ways. It wasn't as if he understood what he was saying. He was probably saying it for a laugh or even to just past the time. Hunter has no idea of my past or anything of the sort, so it was truly coincidental that he managed to figure mr out like that.

     To be honest, it scared me that Hunter managed to solve my puzzle just like that, even though we've known each other for a very short period of time. If I'm being honest, it wasn't so much of what he said but how he said it. He looked at me with such intensity as if he knew me so well, as if I was an open book to him. And that sure scared me. I was used to being keeping my secrets and not having others around me know the real me - except for Av -. The way he unravelled me so easily like that, it scared me of what else he may be capable of. Honestly, I was scared of liking him too much. He knew my weaknesses and now, if I got too close to him then he would easily be able to hurt me. And I'm not sure whether I'd be able to handle that.

     Av's voice brought me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality. "How did you find the party? Anything interesting happen while I was away?" She asked as we approached my desk, the one that I shared with Hunter. The one of which Hunter was currently sitting at and looking up at us as we stopped at the desk and also in front of him.

     I noticed Hunter's intense gaze on me, though I ignored it and went back to answering Av's question. "No. Nothing interesting happened at all. Everything went smoothly." I lied easily as I carried on trying to ignore Hunter's eyes hitch were currently locked on to me. "It was kind of boring so I left early."