Chapter Sixteen.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"NOW, TO CONCLUDE over some of the points that I have made." I said and stopped for a little breathing time before I started up again. "Marriage is an eternal thing, something that humans have been doing for generations and generations. No matter how different two people can be, marriage is something that is capable of bringing theses two people together. Even the celebs are aware of it, so I guess you could say that no marriage is something that all sorts of people are interested in and intend to fulfil, and something that will carry on this way." I took in a deep breath, happy to get my part of the project over and done with. Now it was Hunter's turn.

Hunter. I hadn't seen or spoken to him after what had happened yesterday, not until now that is. However, even now Hunter is avoiding any eye contact or any chance to talk to me, and truthfully, it hurt.

My intention was set yesterday, that I would come into school and do the right thing. But when I came into the lesson, Mr Gilmore got us to do our project, along with a few others who did not get to do it last week.

So here we are. Performing our little project in front of the class about the concept of marriage, one that made me feel extremely uncomfortable now. Like I said, I had done my piece and now it was Hunter's turn for his.

There was this feeling at the bottom of my stomach, as if something had sunk down there and was weighing me down. It was a bad feeling. Presumably, Hunter was not in a good mood, especially after the little escapade that took place yesterday.

"Marriage is useless, nothing but some ink wasted upon paper. Marriage is just something that says that one has to spend the rest of his life with one other person, but that doesn't mean that these rules are then followed. No." Hunter was seething as he expressed his topic to the class. The whole class was on the edge of their seats, leaning a little forward so they could catch what Hunter was saying, fully engrossed in the matter.

His jaw was locked in place, tense. His eyes blazed ferociously as he spoke about marriage. Though, I had a feeling that there was more to his words than what was displayed on the surface. It was as if Hunter was talking to me directly, showing me what I had done to him and he had felt about it. And that just made me feel ten times worse. It also made me have second thoughts about the plan that I had initiated to happen during this lesson.

"Only because a piece of paper says you can't do something, doesn't mean people don't do it. Around forty-five percent of marriages in America end up as divorce and hatred. And what do you know? Many celebrities add to those numbers as well. Celebrities go through spouses like pairs of shoes, and then move onto the next one.so I guess marriage just isn't what it's cut out to be." Hunter was calm now, speaking these wise words in a collected manner, one which had the whole class straining their eyes in attempt of not missing one word of his lecture. Something was telling me that I would be voted out and Hunter in, though I didn't care. I deserved it.

"Trust is something that humans depend on, need for something to work out between the two of them. Marriage, also depends on trust, of which can be broken easily without a though. So you tell me, is marriage worth it? Isn't is easier to just avoid it all and the trauma?" And that was how he closed his case, cool and collected.

The class cheered for Hunter as he took his seat, ignoring me who was walking behind him. Mr Gilmore clapped along with the students and then signalled with his hands that it was time to turn the volume fowl to zero.

"Okay, we'll done Hunter and Amelia. Very good work, planned out and ready for it. Though Hunter, I know you're battling against the odds of marriage, but do you think it's wise to be encouraging teenagers to avoid marriage and just prance around for the rest of their lives?" Sir had his arms crossed over his chest as he questioned Hunter with a pondering finger placed on his chin.