Chapter Three.

CHAPTER THREE 

     THE NIGHTMARES WERE still there. They were still haunting me, though I was glad that it was only the 'Assassin' one. Every night I seemed to be having it again and again on repeat, as if there was a tape recorder in my head. However, I seemed to be getting used to it. I was glad that they were getting better and that I was being able to sleep a little more, so thank God for that.

     The game was two weeks away, and Coach was sure training us for it. He had demanded that we all attend practice after school as we are looking for one more team member as John had transferred before the winter break. You may be asking why the entire team would need to be there if Coach and the team captain were there. Well, Coach thinks that it would be good for the whole team to be there as this would be a motivation for the people trying out to try even harder. I personally don't know how any of that makes sense, but apparently it did in Coach's head.

     I walked out of the girls changing room and headed to the hall with my sneakers in hand, intending on getting one of the guys to do them as I have problems tying them up. Yes, I was sixteen and I still couldn't do up my laces.

     I walked into the sports hall, padding my way over to the bench in my socks. I plopped myself down on the bench, cringing slightly as pain shot up my backside, I made a mental not to do that again and started on the task which was to do up my shoelace, by myself. I was determined that I could do it by myself, but that determination soon washed away when I managed to get my fingers tangled in the lace. I sat there looking at the lace that was tangled around my fingers, dumbfounded and with a blank expression on my face.

     I heard someone chuckle. "You need some help with that?" I heard a manly voice come from behind.

     The person behind me came into my line of view. I smiled sheepishly at him. "I think I need a lot of help." I said, holding up my already tangled hands to show him the mess that I was in.

     He chuckled once again at my shoe lace disaster. "Here, let me see if I can do anything about this." I watched as he got down on one knee so that he was at my level and he started to untangle the lace that was currently wrapped around my hands. I took this moment as a chance to take in his appearance. He was average height, 5'9, but still tall compared to my 5'5. His shin was quite toned and were covered in muscles, you could instantly tell just by looking at them that he worked out. His skin was white in colour but he wasn't pale. His cheeks were chiselled and you could tell that he had a firm chin. He had green eyes which sparkled as he smiled and blonde hair which seemed to have a hint of brown in it. His hair was tousled as if he had quickly pulled a comb through it in a rush. As nice as his green eyes were, I would say that the nicest thing about him was his smile. He had big lips which seemed to be slightly pink right now, it seemed to show when he smiled. All in all, he was very good looking, though he didn't seem familiar at all. I guess he was probably new.

     I smiled down at him as he had finished untangling the lace from my hands and then worked down to tie the lace of my right shoe. "I don't think I've seen you around school before, are you new?" I asked looking at him.

     He looked up at me and smiled, shaking his head. "No, I've been here since my freshman year. I'm in the same year as you and I remember last year, in our sophomore year, I sat behind you in English Lit." He said smiling at me and then turning his attention back to the lace on my right shoe.

     I was shocked at what I had just heard. I had been going to the same school with this guy for at least two years and I still didn't know who he was. For God's sake, I was even in the same English Lit class with him last year with him sitting behind me, how could I have never of noticed him. It was kind of embarrassing as he said it so casually. He finished tying my right shoe and looked up at me, about to ask for my left leg when he saw my face which just made him burst out into laughter.