Part 2

• Dedicated to My Readers

Hey

This is the second chapter and I promise the third will be coming soon :)

Please review so I know what you want me to improve :)

Enjoy

*************************************************

2

Bella:

I woke to the smell of bacon and the sound of Jacob singing the old songs.

The songs were sung with a foreign tongue and I couldn't make out the words; it was as though they were one long note, the only pauses were when Jake would take in a sharp breath before continuing with the long string of melody.

Even though I was ignorrant to the words and their meanings, I could tell by the tone in which the song was sung, that it was a song of sadness and pain.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I remembered the night before, I wiped it away quickly before the others could fall.

I knew the pain in Jacobs song.

I had lived through it.

-Barely.

I felt the hole in my heart slowly opening again; I closed my eyes and curled up in a ball.

If only I could sleep forever. I thought.

Sooner or later I would have to face him.

I would be lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

The truth was, I had been expecting this to happen sooner or later.

He knew where I went when things got too much, and although he resented my affection for the monster who had left me, he wanted me to be happy...well almost happy.

My happiness was never fully complete.

-Without Edward.

He'd taken my happiness and my heart with him.

Jake wouldn't ask questions but I could still remember the dead look in his eyes when he pulled me out of the shallows.

The look of surrender and indecision.

The hurt.

I never wished to hurt Jacob, but I had no choice.

He was my life preserver, my guarantee, my...rebound.

Rebound was such an ugly word.

It was the truth though, I didn't love Jacob Black.

Well at least I didn't love him the way I should.

I thought of him as my.... I couldn't find the words.

I don't think I could love anymore. It was as if I were broken, the emotion of love no longer within my reach.

I sighed and crawled towards the edge of our bed, emerging from the cluster of blankets like a butterfly who has been trapped in its cocoon for too long.

I frowned at the diamond ring on my finger, I shouldn't have accepted it; it felt like a betrayal. Although the Angel I had betrayed no longer loved me, and never had. I felt pathetic as I considered giving the ring back to Jake, the look of hurt that would enter his eyes, the feeling of panic that would rise up in my chest as my safety walked away from me.

I shook away the image and walked into the kitchen, the smell of breakfast guiding me forward. I sat down at the table groggily as sleep still clung to me.