Chapter 15

Brandon hadn’t been home in hours, nor had he called. Stef sat on the couch crying, feeling like her heart had been ripped out of her chest, Lena trying to comfort her as she tried to keep herself held together. Mariana, Jesus, Jude, and Callie had all set out on foot to go search for Brandon while Stef and Lena contemplated putting out a police report.

                Mariana had gone to Wyatt’s old house to check, Jesus, Jude, and Callie still left calling Brandon’s name down the empty streets. Jesus told her that him and Jude were going to go check for Brandon at the school and she solemnly watched them go as she thought long and hard where he could be.

                Down the shoreline, Callie trudged to the sand, her ankles sore from walking. She didn’t know what to expect here, but if she was going to run away, the first place she’d go is the beach. In the distance she saw a figure that seemed to look like Brandon’s. Quiclkly she jogged over, only to find someone who looked like he was in his 30’s. She sighed, and continued down the coast.

                She had walked about a mile down the beach when she finally found Brandon, sat on a pile of sand just where the public beach met the private beach. She ran down to him, anger now filling her body.

                When he saw her, he smiled. “Don’t smile at me like that,” she said, venom filling her voice. “You have your whole family scared to death! Stef is sobbing and Lena is putting on a brave face for your stupid ass!” Brandon was shocked, and he starred with wide eyes as Callie ranted.

                “Callie!” he cried. “Stop!” he begged.

                She fell to her knees beside him and hung her head. He watch her crumple together as if to protect herself. “Callie,” he whispered, reaching out to touch her face.

                “I promise you I’d never leave you, truly meaning it, but you just up and walk out on me like that.”

                “That is unfair, that’s not the same thing,” Brandon defended, his voice getting stern.

                “It is Brandon. You ran away. I should stop trusting you and your whole family,” she cried, looking up at him with a glare.

                “I’ll never leave you Callie.”

                “Isn’t that what you already did?”

                He sighed and ran his hand through his hair as he nodded.

                “Just, let’s go home before your mothers file a police report. They’re messes right now.” Callie stood up and held her hand out to help Brandon up too.

                On the walk home, Callie had met up with Mariana, Jesus, and Jude, who were relieved to see Brandon and not nearly as upset and angry as Callie had been.

                When they walked through the door, the sound of Stef’s sobs finally reached his ears and he felt his heart break. “Mom,” he called.

                “Brandon?!” she cried, standing up and running over to where he stood. “I swear to god, you ever do that to me again and I’ll kill you!” she sobbed into his neck.

                “I’m sorry mom, really. There’s something I need to tell you though.”

                “What is it?” Stef asked, pulling back from Brandon to stare him in the face.

                “I’m in love with Callie, and she’s in love with me.”

Can’t believe I’ve written 15 chapters of this story, it’s sorta unreal to me.

There’s only one chapter left, don’t be sad though I’m writing a new story. (I know I said three left last time but I changed it, I’m sorry)

You know the drill 10 comments, 15 likes for the last chapter please.

Also I’m going to put the whole story together when it’s done and make it a PDF file. Who would actually want to download it? I just need to know before I go and do it.