Chapter 6

Brandon had made a habit of watching for Liam at night. His body was ill at ease and restless just thinking of the strange man roaming around his house. Carefully he watched the front and back yard, his eyes drier than usual and his body achy from lack of sleep. He let the time fly by though despite his discomfort, his eyes never averting to far from the windows.

                “What are you doing at this hour?” Callie hissed in a hushed voice from behind Brandon. He turned his head quickly, and felt his eyes sting from having them open for so long. He looked at her baffled, and smiled a crooked grin.

                “I couldn’t sleep.”

                “So you were looking out the window from down stairs…?” her eyes narrowed at him and he quickly turned away, weakening from her stare. “Brandon, what are you doing down here?” she asked.

                “What are you doing down here?” he snapped back.

                “I couldn’t sleep and wanted some water, but don’t try and change the subject. What. Are. You. Doing. Down. Here,” she whispered, pronouncing every word as if it was a sentence. Brandon looked up at her big brown eyes and sighed.

                “I saw Liam’s comment and I just, was making sure he wasn’t ya’know, hanging around.” He looked down at the ground, anger boiling within Callie. She went to scream but remembered her foster family upstairs. Brandon noticed her difficulty restraining herself and quickly stood up, grabbing her wrists gently in attempt to settle her down.

                “Let the hell go of me Brandon,” she softly cried agitated.

                “Not until you tell me who Liam is,” he replied, tightening his grip a bit on her wrists as she struggled some more.

                “He-he’s the guy I told you about it. It’s just a long story.” She squirmed less now but her body was as tense as ever.

                “We’ve got time,” he replied quietly. Callie watched him carefully before thrashing her arms out of his grips.

                “I don’t have time for anything but sleep right now. This is none of your business anyways.” Her voice cracked. “Stop watching out the windows, he won’t bother us, and even if he does it’s me he wants.” She rushed up the stairs as fast as she spoke and Brandon was left dumbfounded and scared.

                Brandon obeyed, and trudged up the stairs to his room. He threw off his shirt, and stripped from his pants leaving him in his boxers and ready for bed. He slipped in between the covers and the mattress, the soft feeling of the sheets making his body relax. His eyes were drooping, but his mind was racing. He pulled out his phone when he heard a knock on his door.

                “Hey,” Callie opened it without him giving the okay. She decided he wouldn’t mind and walked over to sit on the end of his bed. He sat up, his bare chest making Callie’s heart skip a beat, or at least that’s what it felt like. She couldn’t deny he made her feel that way, but she pushed away any reminder of it and took a deep breath. “I’m sorry for getting angry with you.”

                “Saying sorry is all we’ve been doing to each other lately,” he replied, placing his hand on her thigh. She laughed sadly at his comment, and dropped her head. “It’s fine,” he added.

                “I know,” she mouthed, and lifted her head to look at him. “I’m going to go to bed.” Brandon nodded and removed his hand from her leg.

                “Night Callie.”

                She stood up and nodded before walking out the room. Brandon settled back into his bed when Callie peeked her heads back in again. He looked up at her surprised and she just quickly stumbled over to his side and lightly kissed his cheek. “Thank you,” she whispered sincerely. His cheek tingled and he smiled up at her.

                “No problem.”

This is the first chapter that I actually really like. Anyways, I’m not going to post the next chapter until this chapter gets 3 comments so comment please.