Chapter 7

Callie woke up, regretting the kiss she placed on Brandon’s cheek. Fear overwhelmed her and the trust she had established with Brandon suddenly disappeared and thoughts became foggy. “Time for school,” Lena said knocking on the door to Mariana and Callie’s room as she popped her head in.

                “How about no,” Mariana mumbled and shoved a pillow on top of her face.

                “How about yes,” Stef added as she walked in, throwing the pillow off of Mariana who scowled at her. Callie laughed lightly and sat up, stretching out her stiff limbs. “Morning sunshine,” Stef smiled at Callie.

                “Morning,” she replied, throwing the covers off of her and swinging her legs off the side of the bed.

                “Breakfast will be ready soon so hop to it girls,” Lena said. The girls nodded, Stef and Lena quickly walking out of the room so they could get ready for school.

                Callie went first into the bathroom and took a quick, cold shower. She didn’t want to take away any hot water for the rest of the family. When she was done, she quickly rushed down the stairs, hoping no one was down there yet so she could quickly write in her journal. To her surprise, Brandon was sat at the table, his hair soaked from a shower she supposed. “Hi,” he said quietly, swirling his spoon around in a bowl of fruity pebbles.

                “Hey,” she replied, walking to the fridge to get out some orange juice.

                “How’d you sleep?” he asked, taking a spoonful of cereal in between his parted lips.

                “Fine,” she replied. “You?”

                “Good.”

                The conversation was stopped cold when Stef and Lena walked into the kitchen. “You both showered quick,” Lena commented at their soaked hair clinging to their necks.

                “Yep,” Brandon said, looking down at his cereal bowl.

                The morning moved on slowly and soon they were at school. Just on the edge of the grass was Tayla, a smirk plastered across her face as Brandon got out. “Hey baby,” she giggled.

                “Uh,” Brandon awkwardly pushed back away from her. “What are you talking about?”

                “Huh? Don’t be silly Brandon. I know we had that fight, but it’s okay now.”

                “Not really,” he muttered, and looked down at his shoes.

                “If this is about Callie, why are you even bothering? She’s with Wyatt,” Tayla pointed to where Callie stood, held tightly to Wyatt as they kissed gently across the parking lot. Brandon sneered and stumbled away from Tayla.

                “It’s not.” His words were weak though so he walked away and into the school.

                At home later that day, Brandon was tenser than usual. Stef was concerned at her son’s strange behavior. “B, you okay? You haven’t been playing the piano much?”

                “Fine mom,” he replied. “Just not in the mood to play anymore I guess.”

                “Are you sure?!” she asked surprised.

                “Positive,” he replied, walking away from his mom and up to his room.

Aw Brandon, why do you think he stopped playing?!

I’m in complete shock that you guys commented on my last one! Thanks so much. I’m going to say the same thing, 3 comments and 5 votes for the next one.

Oh and this story will only be 14 chapters. Should I keep it going or start a new Ballie fan fic?