Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I made my way through the estate listening to my music. I was making my way to the shop to grab a few snacks before college. I grabbed a drink, 2 crisps and a couple chocolate bars. I handed the man a fiver. He gave me my change and put my stuff in a bag.

"Thanks" I said walking out

I made my way to the busstop all bubbly. For some reason I was in a real good mood. I accidently bumped into a tall figure. Well he bumped into me. I wasn't gonna switch because I was in a good mood in the morning for once. I simply bent down and picked my stuff up and his phone. I handed it over to him ..but stopped.. He looked at me with a blank expression. He looked so familiar. I took off his hood. Kristian ..He looked different. He looked like he had been crying..?

"K-Kristian?"

"Cee.." He croaked..

"Wha- How? ..Have you been crying..?"

He shook his head and then nodded. I watched as more tears rolled down his cheek..

"Kristian you're scaring me.. you never cry" I said

"Mum's dead" He croaked

My eyes widened and my Jaw dropped. I knew how close him and his mum were. They were like best friends. He was truly a mummys boy..

"Kristian- ..I- I'm so sorry"

I hugged him as he cried on my shoulder.. We sat on the wall behind us in silence. I had half an hour till College started so I still had time.

"It still hasn't sunk in" He said laughing a bit ..

"Well ..what happened? When did it happen?" I asked

"Couple days ago. She had cancer. Remember them times I was telling you she wasn't well? Doctors found out last minute but it was too late to try and operate. It had spread everywhere" He said

"Kristian ..I dunno what to say.. I-"

"Its cool. Don't say anything."

"No! I should have been there for you.. Is there.. Is there anything you need?"

He shrugged.

"I'll tell you what. I'll pop round your house after college. I've only just started ..and I really don't wanna be late" I said

He nodded and jumped off the wall. He put his hood up and slowly walked away. I felt so sorry for him. I understand all that he's done and everything that we've been through but at the end of the day we were once bestfriends, we once loved each other.. I can't neglect him now. Not in a time like this..

I shook my head and began my journey to college. I wasn't even in the mood anymore..

*

I sat in the canteen munching on my snacks. I hadn't been focused all morning. Kristian was on my mind. Rhiyana came and sat in front of me. She raised her eyebrows and leaned forward.

"So.. Miss. What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I said trying to force a smile

She said nothing. She waited and waited. She just looked me in the eye. After 2 minutes I gave up. This girl would not give up!

"Fine. I bumped into Kristian this morning" I started