Chapter 7

Brianna’s Pov

“So you’re finally awake I see” Annalisa greeted me with her arms open for a hug, which I gladly gave. “So how are you feeling, my dear?” Annalisa asked her voice filled with some kind of emotion I could not configure.

“I’m great. My head kind of hurts though. Also I can’t remember much about what happened yesterday…” I rubbed my head softly.

“Oh? Well that happens to people sometimes” She stated.

“Yeah, I know…but it’s not exactly like I can’t remember. I don’t know what it is. You know that day when we met?  Well it feels like that day. My head feels cloudy sort of.” I scrunched up my face, trying to figure out how to say what I felt. “I feel like…I’m forgetting something important.”

“Don’t think too hard, darling. You’ll eventually remember.” Annalisa walked away from me to her room.

“Good evening ma’am!!” I yelled after her and she waved her hand at me, dismissing my goodbye.

I started walking towards the garden. The hallways were so much alike. I’m so happy I found the garden, but going back to my room will be an issue. I sighed with obvious exhaustion in my sigh.

“Tired are we?” a voice said from within the garden, which startled me and made jump. I looked up and saw Daryl sitting in a front of a patch of red, yellow, and pink roses. The roses blew with the steady wind.

“Oh no, those halls just get so annoying after a while.” I walked over to him and sat by him.

“Ahh I see, they really do need to change them.” He agreed. I nodded my head and stared at the roses blowing in the wind.

There was an awkward silence between us and a thought came to my head.

“Daryl, what abilities do vampires have?” I never could figure out everything about vampires. Annalisa said I could go to the library and figure it out, but why go there when I can just ask?

“To be honest, I don’t know everything. What I do know is that as vampires get older their abilities increase. Also older vampires are stronger than younger ones and much wiser too. What exactly do you want to know?”

“I am not sure really. I just want to know what we can do.”

“How about this, we both can go to the library and find out?” He laughed, his laugh boomed through the garden. Did he know??

“Yes, I know what you’re thinking.” He laughed a little bit more and wiped a tear away from his eye. He stood up and held his hand out for me to take it.

“Can Annalisa hear people’s thoughts too?” I took his hand and we both began walking to the library.

“No, she can’t, you see, I’m older than her.” He held open the garden doors for me and I went inside and he let the door shut on his own.