Chapter 6

I lay in my coffin, hoping to stay here all night. Until I heard a thump. Someone was kicking my coffin.

“Dimitri, wake up!!!” Maria shouted, kicking my coffin repeatedly.

I opened my coffin and sat up, staring at her evilly. She had her hands behind her back and she was swaying from side to side with a flirty smile on her face. This human must be out of her mind.

“You have to go searching for a meal today. Annalisa told me to tell you that. Soooo get up lazy and go look for some human.” She grabbed my hand and tried pulling me out of my coffin. I didn’t move an inch. “Come-on lazy boy, if you don’t go you can die!” She pulled harder and then fell back on the floor on her butt.

“Blood is disgusting.” I said nonchalantly. I got out of my coffin and helped Maria get up. “Let’s go out to eat instead.” Almost like she heard me from a mile away Annalisa appeared in front of us, holding human by his collar.

“How about we get takeout, I already ordered yours Dimitri it’s called human fillet.” She dropped the boy in front of me; he looked to be 15 years old. He had black stiff hair, his bangs hid his eye, his eyes are green, and he’s pale. He had a black jacket on which revealed his plain white shirt. He also wore denim dark blue pants. He wasn’t so scared.

“You know we’re vampires right?” Annalisa played with the boy’s hair. He nodded his head.

“I’m not afraid, I love vampires” He said trance-like.

“See he’s easy, also he’s young, and he’ll taste good.” Maria left the room then to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. At least that’s what it sounded like.

“Fine whatever” Annalisa smiled and left the house as fast as she came. “Maria, do me a favor? Take this boy back to the city.”

“What?! No, look I have an idea drink the kid’s blood and save yourself.” She yelled now in the living room.

The boy walked up to me and put my head to his neck. “It’s okay, you can do it.” He said morbidly.

I sunk my teeth into his neck and drank him dry; he fell to the floor fast. I picked him up and put him over my shoulder and walked out of the house, Maria came too.  We buried the boy and then sat around in the woods for a couple hours. Maria asked me a weird question.

“Do you think there’s a cure?” She asked kicking rocks with her feet.

“Huh?” I looked up at her, thinking about what she said.

“Is there a cure? Do you have to stay a vampire forever?”

“I honestly don’t know, but that’s something interesting to think about. Would you like to find out?

“Yes, does Annalisa know? Maybe we can go see her?”