Chapter 2

Tonight I walked the dim, cold, silent streets of the town. These streets are usually peaceful but tonight they had a heavy eerie presence to them. I swear someone was following me but every time I looked back I saw nothing but the dark empty roads I walked.

I began to grow hungry so I decided to search for a human to dine on. I hid in an alleyway and kept my eyes open for a good dinner. I saw a girl, she had red hair that hung down to her lower back, a plump figure, and she wore a huge winter coat. She went into a store. She came back out minutes later and I heard a thump.

 I refused to move just in case she accidentally tripped or something. So I waited for her to walk past again but she didn't.

Something was wrong, something happened. No human takes that long to get up from tripping over their own feet.

 I peeked around the corner and saw a female hunched over my dinner, teeth intact to the neck of the human. Another vampire...I've longed to meet another like me. This one though, she looked familiar. The vampire heard me approach, looked up at me, stood up quickly and got in a crouching position preparing herself to attack. She hissed at me, showing her fangs, warning me not to come closer.

"Don't worry, I’m like you. I won't hurt you" I tried to reassure her. I put my hands up to the sky, showing I was of no threat. She gradually stood up from her crouching position and her eyes, which were as red as wine, changed back to its normal color. When vampires feed their eyes change into a glowing red color, i've learned this from experience.

Her eyes were as blue as the daytime sky, hair as dark as charcoal, face so pale. She wore a lacy black dress that fitted her beautiful frame; it came down to her thighs. The dress was ruffled and longer in the back; it and came past the back of her knees. She wore a necklace; on the necklace was a silver cross. We vampires can only die by fire and decapitation. So she can wear a silver cross around her neck.

"I'm sorry I scared you, I didn't mean to. My name is Dimitri, what's yours?" I introduced myself and gave her my hand but she did not shake it. Instead, her eyes grew wide, her pink lips parted; she looked as if she was going to cry. She took a quick step back away from me as if I said something that caught her off  guard. I stayed still to show her I wasn't going to hurt her.

"I can't believe you...." she said, her voice as light as a feather, and calming like a gentle caress of a person’s hand on someone's cheek. That voice is so familiar too. Who is she?

Just then another girl I’m assuming a vampire appeared in front of her. I remembered this girl all too well. Then it all started coming back to me. This is the girl that left me alone to this pain, the pain of living as a horrid night creature. This girl had blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, red lips, and a pale face, and a slim frame.

"Stay away from her now!" Her angellic voice warned.

"Annalisa is that you?" I took a step towards them. Annalisa growled at me I stopped walking towards them. "Why did you do this to me!!? Because of you my fiancé is dead!! Because of you I am what I am now!" I yelled at her, I clenched my fists in anger, so tightly that they almost bled. She looked ashamed, guilty, but she did not answer me.