Chapter 3

I sat at my blue painted wooden table thinking of ways to find Brianna. I stared blankly at the wooden wall as if something was there. If she is really dead how would I know?

There are always hospital records that I could look at but how do I get into a hospital. It would be a little weird going in a hospital in the middle of the night wanting to know if someone is dead. I don’t have a computer to check any of the records.

Then it came to me, an idea.

 I left my cottage, to begin my plan. Tonight was foggy, murky, and cold. My favorite type of night.

I walked to a restaurant called Italiano Resturante. I sat on a green bench next to the restaurant and pretended to be depressed.

A girl with a bag around her shoulder saw me. She looked to be about in her twenties. Her hair was a chestnut brown color and it was in a messy bun. She had a few strands of her silky soft hair hanging in front of her face. Her eyes shined brown full of life and full of happiness.

She wore a black shirt that fitted her curves nicely and a dark blue denim skirt that came down a little above her knees. She had on black heels and a necklace that said 'love' on it.

“Sir, are you ok” She knelt down and looked into my eyes. God she was even more beautiful up close. Almost angel like. I am so hungry, but I must not drink her blood. I need her. Her eyes gained a different kind of shine in it when she saw me, almost sorrowful.

“No my date cancelled on me and she said she no longer loved me.” I hung my head low and mustered out a gut wrenching sob. If i actually sheded real tears, she would run. It's not normal to cry to tears of blood obviously. This is my only chance, I must be careful not to mess it up.

“Oh I’m sorry. I can stay here with you if you need some company” She sat on the bench next to me and put her hand on my knee letting me know she’s here for me. God humans are so stupid; they’re so easy to trust the miserable people.

“No its ok a girl as beautiful as you must have a date” I looked up at her and smiled a weak, empty, dead smile. A smile that I knew all too well, for I am already dead, dead in the way of lifeless, and dead in the way of a broken heart.

“No I don’t have a date…I come to this restaurant for the peace. I like to sketch here. I’m an aspiring artist.” She rubbed my back steadily, calming my nerves.

“I’m a good artist myself.” I said brightening up trying to start a conversation.Doing as what humans say, moving on. Even though there's nothing to move on from.

“Really?” She asked shocked. Her eyes wide with anticipation.

“Yes. May I accompany you in this restaurant?” I held my hand out to the resturant and smiled at her a smile of hope.

“Yes you may” she smiled at me. I stood up held out my hand to her; she took my hand, stood up, and we walked into the restaurant together. The restaurant had an Italian theme to it. The table cloths were checkered red and white. It smelled like spaghetti, lasagna, penne, and other types of pastas.