Chapter 8

Maria’s pov

I awoke to the bright yellow sunny sky, not a cloud was in sight. I sat on the couch with my black Dell laptop on my lap and began to look up things about vampires. All kinds of miraculous and crazy stuff came up. Stuff like psy-vamps, people that think they’re vampires, books about vampires, people that try to make themselves look like vampires, etc.

Some of the people that tried looking like vampires had on heavy deep black eye shadow and eyeliner with red rose lipstick or blood red lipstick and some of them had a fake vampire bite on their neck.

I rolled my eyes in pure disgust and thought in my head I guess the thought of living forever is the best thing anyone could ever ask for I shuddered and typed in ‘the cure for vampirism’ and searched  it.

I left clicked softly on the dark blue link. There inside were 20 doctors but one stood out right away to me. His name is Dr.Rai. His location is at Eastover circle. He specializes in injections and serums for diseases like HIV and AIDS and other diseases. Nowhere did it say Vampirism. So I decided to give him a call.

I took out my dark pink Samsung phone and began to call the number listed.

“Hello, this is the Serums and Vaccinations Clinic, located in Eastover Circle, how may I help you?” A nurse said in a nasally voice that dragged on as she spoke. Obviously she hated her job; I can just see a nurse with a huge mole on her cheek, sitting at her desk, with her head propped up by her hand as she rolled her eyes at every single person that spoke.

“Um, yes, I would like to speak to Mr.Rai if he is in.” I replied in my business voice.

“I’ll transfer you over to him. Please hold on.” She immediately transferred me over and I was put on hold. Wow, she couldn’t even let me say ok. What if I said no? Oh well, no use stressing over it.

Music began to play on the phone, elevator music. I rocked my head from side to side as the music played, in means of entertaining myself.

“Lalalalala….” I sang, but was cut off by a voice on the other line.

“….Um…hello this is Dr.Rai speaking. How may I assist you today?” a relaxed and exhausted voice said through the phone.

“Oh um well….I know it sounds crazy, but my friend, he is a vampire, and he is looking for a cure….I searched your name online and it said you knew of a serum for it…” I was unsure if making this call was worth it, I probably sounded like a psycho weirdo that just got out of a nuthouse.

“It’s not weird, I do specialize in weird serums and I do specialize in that serum. The fee for it is going to be $100 dollars though. It’s a very rare serum. You’re going to have to bring your vampire friend.” He advised.

I nodded my head even though he couldn’t see that gesture “Okay, so tomorrow maybe?”

“Yes tomorrow. I only work during the daytime though; I don’t know how you’re going to get your friend here.”

“Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Thank you for your assistance.” After I heard him say you’re welcome I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket. I went to Dimitri’s coffin and knocked on it soft enough so he could hear it.

“Yes?” I heard an exhausted and ragged voice say.

“Well, I found someone that could help and he said that he’d only give you the serum for it during the day….” I heard rustling in the coffin. “WAIT!!! Don’t get out yet!” I ran to every single window in the room and closed each and every one of them. I even put heavy dark blankets up over them.

“You can come out now” I said and turned around as I saw Dimitri’s pale face right in front of mine.

“How do you know he is safe?” He asked as he sat down on his smooth and cold coffin.

“Well…that’s the thing, I don’t. But you always have to take your chances” Dimitri shook his head and opened his coffin getting ready to go back to sleep. “At least give it a try!” I pulled on his arm softly.

“Fine whatever. So tell me the details”

I told Dimitri the location, the doctor’s name and the name of the clinic.

“Dr.Rai? He and I are very acquainted with each other. I wouldn’t mind talking with him again” Dimitri got a blank look on his face and shook his head as he remembered things.

“Well, he only works during the day….so….” I looked down and played with the carpet with the tip of my shoe.

“And how do you expect this to work??” He glared at me as if I’m dumb.

“Well I haven’t figured that out yet.” I frowned and looked back up at Dimitri. We stared at each other for a long minute until we heard banging on the door. Dimitri looked in the direction the door is and looked back at me.

“Expecting someone?” He asked.

“No one I know of…” I walked to the door steadily and ready to attack. The banging on the door got louder and louder.

I grasped the door knob softly and my hand started shaking. Dimitri informed me that he put a barrier around the house so no one could see it.

Dimitri walked into the living room with a black hoodie on and closed all of the curtains quickly without a single sound. He sat on the couch and nodded his head for me to open it.

Who could it be and how’d they find this place? I shook with intense fear as I turned the knob and pulled the door open slowly. I looked over at Dimitri as soon as the door was completely open.

Dimitri stood up quickly and stared at the person in the doorway with a mixture of emotions. My eyes opened wide with surprise as I stared at this person. This wasn't a person, it was a vampire.