Chapter 5

Brianna’s pov

I woke up in my princess-like bed and sat up in my bed. My room was black and was windowless. My bed had thin cotton curtains on it making it see-through, they were pink. The blanket was heavy and it was pink too. I rubbed my hands across the silky blanket; I loved the way it felt. I listened to see if anyone else was awake and I heard talking downstairs.

 I decided to go see who it was. Swiftly and steadily, I got out of bed; I put on a gothic black dress with lace on the bottom of it, I brushed and combed my hair. I then opened my white door and walked down the hallway until I got to the steps. I sat on the top of the steps and listened to the conversation.

I still couldn’t make the voices out clearly; their voices were hushed as if they heard me coming. Which they probably did, I walked down the steps quietly and peeked around the wall. Annalisa and some boy were talking to each other. The boy had had short brown hair; he was tall, at least 6 feet tall. He wore black denim jeans and black tennis shoes under that. His shirt was black. On the back of his shirt was some kind of emblem. The boy’s face was not in my view.

“Good evening Brianna, why don’t you come and speak to our visitor.” Annalisa said looking up at me and waved her hand so I could come downstairs. The boy turned around and looked me up and down and smiled.

“So this is my new friend that we were speaking about I’m guessing” His deep voice said echoing through the foyer. A kind smile appeared on his face and his eyes welcomed me into the conversation they were having. His eyes were dark as the night, which made him look hauntingly cute.

The foyer had two velvet spiral staircases on the sides. In a line on the ceiling leading down to the dungeons were crystal chandeliers that sparkled when the light hit them just right. The dungeons withheld people that tried to betray our society and expose us to human life. Of course, not many people got far enough to any human, we’d always find out before. Those vampires were always ill ones, I actually felt sorry for them.

The worst vampire we had down there was a vampire named Jacqui. He was quite comical sometimes though. In his human life people thought of him as a schizophrenic. Why? He saw a few vampires and freaked out. He told everyone about said he even had pictures. He was sent to a therapist they found he was ‘crazy’ and gave him some meds which in time made him have hallucinations, for he was on a constant high. A vampire he saw found him and decided to make him a vampire. He was welcomed in the castle and was actually fairly nice until a couple years ago.

He started acting weird, said he didn’t like being a vampire and if we didn’t find a way to change him back he’d expose us. Of course that got him, 5 buff vampires taking him by his arms and legs, one of them opening the door to his dungeon cell and locking him in. Poor, poor Jacqui.

I walked down the stairs and stood by Annalisa, keeping my defenses up.

“My name is Daryl, it’s very nice to meet you Brianna” He extended his hand but I swatted it away.

“What do you want” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Brianna my dear he’s here to keep you safe.” Annalisa said in an elegant calming voice.