Bonus Chapter: Zac Attack

5 years ago:

"You think you can pull it off?" Lars asks bluntly.

"Done it before, can do it again," I answer with certainty in spite of being slightly hesitant on the inside.

"You'd better or you can forget your future in this company," he states in warning.

He has a sh*tload of power to lord over me. He can easily crush me and take it (all the wealth) from me. He reminds me of that fact every so often. I have no choice but to comply - my entire future rests in his hands. The consequences of failing will resort in me going to jail (for all the illegal doings he has me on call for) or me losing the only place I have to stay (his mansion) and the only salary I have (that he pays me).

"Just get the shipments and get out," he advises strategically. "You know the drill."

He has nothing to lose, whilst I have everything to lose. It's my name that is at stake, not his. He's the mastermind behind it, but I'm the one pulling it off. I'm working the front scenes whilst he's loving the background scenes.

I sigh and nod, turning to leave his office, but his voice halts me, "Oh and Zac?"

I spin around to face him once again, "Yeah?"

He narrows his hazel eyes at me threateningly, "Don't get caught, my brother's already trying to get me arrested for other things."

I don't blame Jeffrey for hating his brother. Lars is a true psycho. As for the unspeakable 'other things'...I don't even want to know. But what counts in the end is the fact that I need Lars. Unfortunately, he knows that and exploits my circumstances to his will.

"You got it," I reluctantly agree as I push out his office, an immediate frown gliding onto my face as I contemplate how this will go down. If I am to ever get caught, Lars will no doubt let me take the fall for it alone. He'll make a clean getaway.

Mumbling a series of profanities under my breath, I start to take a jog down all the stairs of the building as I head out to the reception area on the bottom floor. I stop short when the attractive secretary of the building spots me and greets me coldly, "Mr. Stokes."

I smirk in realization. She's still bitter about that. I never called her back. "We got to stop running into each other like this, Stace," I grin in mockery, trying to take my mind off the matter at hand. I don't like to think about what I do for a living.

Stacey glowers at me fiercely, but I can't bring myself to care. I have more important things to focus on.

Someone snaps their fingers loudly and repetitively in front of Stacey's face as if beyond annoyed. My attention is caught as I finally acknowledge the petite blonde standing before Stacey's table with a frown on her face, one matching that of my own.

"Um Stacey something surname, I've waited long enough," the feisty blonde turns back to briefly motion to me before making it crystal clear to Stacey, "you can deal with this animal later."

I raise an eyebrow when I realize that she's referring to me as the so called animal.

"You're wasting my time and quite frankly, you suck at your job," the blonde continues on with her pathetic protest.

Stacey looks at the girl in apology, "Sorry Ma'am," she forces out, "how can I help you again?"

Knowing Stace, helping the blonde is the last thing she wants to do.