Chapter 44: Upside Down

*** sorry for the spacing issue. uploading from phone :/ ***

"How are you broke?!" I explode in shock, unbelieving of them.

Gland stares at me blankly, at a loss. "We just told you." He turns to face Jay before gesturing to me. "Is she stupid now or something?"

Jay crackles his knuckles, narrowing his eyes at Gland threateningly. "Watch what you say."

Gland backs up, holding his hands apologetically. "It was a genuine question, fam."

Jay sighs as he stares up at the ceiling in frustration. "Can you please stop referring to everyone as 'fam'? It's driving me insane."

"Like when Eela drive Jaykie heart insane by just standing near him?" Oog mocks before Jay clouts him over the head. He frowns and stares up at Jay with a pout, rubbing his head with his midget hands as a result.

"I mean, you guys were crushing it," I change the subject for Jay's sake, "I'd just like to know what the heck happened. You used to be somewhat famous!"

"We spent all our money on building our on point tree house," Jam repeats what I've already heard.

"Aww yeah, I remember that!" Gland pipes up as if it wasn't recently. "That tree house was lit, fam!"

"But then Oog and Gland got possessive over our on fleek tree house and stopped renting it out. There went our income. Of course, Flower, bae, when the tree house blew up, we pretty much lost everything," Jam continues to explain what I've heard a million times. "We need PB's guidance on this one. I should send him a text."

I'm pretty sure 'PB' filed a restraining order against Jam just yesterday.

"I'm having a difficult time processing your guys' stupidity this time. I don't think there's a right answer to give me here." I sigh, knowing that they'll now be relying on Jay for survival – that's my role in life! "Did you not think to invest some of it?"

I sound like Jay.

FeeBee shakes her head. "They made me in charge of the money."

I slap my forehead and mentally groan. Is this how Jay deals?

Jay, siding with me, shakes his head at them. "Congratulations, idiots, you're officially homeless."

Jam smiles in warmth. "Thank you."

"C'mon, J-Dawg, you really gonna go nah and ain't gonna help out a couple of your own fellas. We're fam, dawg!" Gland protests. "I can't even right now! You really gonna take that dagger and pierce it through my soul like you did Eela?"