Chapter 29

Chapter 29

                I woke up with a jolt. My head frantically turned around trying to find the time. There was no clock in hell...or at least not in my room. I could only hope that Lucifer was sound asleep. So carefully I pulled the covers off me, and stepped off the bed. Slowly I made my way towards my bedroom door, thankful that the floors weren’t screaming my presence.

                By the time I had made it out to the hall, I shivered. The halls seemed more disturbing at night. Suddenly I jumped by a frightening scream from a door a few strides down. The panicked feeling from the screamer shot up through my spine. I could smell their fear...

                I shook my head; I had to get to Jesse fast, very fast too before I enjoyed staying here.

                When I reached the door, I froze. I wasn’t sure anymore. I wasn’t even sure if it was locked or not. Then out of nowhere I heard footsteps approach me. As the person neared I turned my head. Once I realized it was only Neil I let out a long sigh.

                “Neil!” I whispered a yell.

                He turned stopped suddenly almost afraid at why I was still up and talking to him. “Yes, Miss Lucia.”

                “Is this door locked,” I pointed towards it. “Can you please open it?”

                Neil shook his head, as he hushed a whisper. “No, Miss, I cannot open it. Only he can. I’m very sorry. I would suggest you go for some rest now.”

                I nodded. “Yah, yah, I’ll head to bed.”   

                With a firm bob of his head, he left me alone with the door. I stared at the frame wondering how to get that piece of shit open! There had to be some way. If anything I could just...well just try.

                So with a shaking head I reached for the door knob, afraid if it would even open. But if anything, I was more afraid of what lay behind the wooden barrier. When the door smoothly moved I took in a deep breath, walking in. At first I wasn’t sure what I was looking at, and then as I widened my eyes I realized that there in front of me was nothing that I had expected. The walls were covered with jars, urns almost and each wall seemed to stretch out for miles. Hesitantly I approached the closet shelf; the urns each had a similar plaque as the doors in the halls. One grey urn boar a sign reading: ‘Evangaline Winny Long’. Another beside if read: ‘Heath Tyler Long’. They were siblings; so close to each other yet distances apart. I swallowed my fear for them. They had no idea what was coming.

                Shaking my head of horrible yet entertaining thoughts of their rooms, I scanned the rest of the shelf trying my best to find Jesse, of if God willed my mother too.

                It had taken me a while, passing dozens and dozens of names till I finally found, Jesse. My heart skipped as I took in a deep breath, unsure of how to work the urn. Did I have to open it? What would I even find an empty space of air? Or worse...just bits of remains...