Chapter 31

Chapter 31

                I sat up in the bed as Jesse cautiously opened the door.

                “Was that him?” He asked.

                I nodded.

                “Does he know?”            

                I nodded.

                “Should I go?”

                I nodded.

                “Saying something!!” Jesse nervously cried.

                I looked up at him, fear in my eyes. “I’m sorry...I just...”

                Suddenly there at the foot of my bed I noticed neatly folded clothes. I had clothes already, I didn’t get why he gave more. So I reached over to the pile and lifted the first article of clothing to my eye level. Then with one motion a shirt unfolded in front of me. It was light blue dress shirt that had its sleeves folded and scrunched to what I guessed was elbow level.

                Jesse approached me taking the next piece on the pile. It was white muscle tee.

                “What is this?” Jesse mumbled.

                I reached for the dark washed jeans, which revealed underneath: boxers. I felt my face drop. “He’s...giving you this to wear.”

                He exasperatedly nodded. “Well I guess so.”

~*~

                When I had changed into my last pair of jeans and a simple white shirt, Jesse and I made our way towards the dining room. I let in a deep breath as I reached for the handle. Letting me in first, Jesse took a gasp as his eyes scanned the room.

                Yes I know, impressive. But I my attention was still drawn to the waiting man on the chair.

                Lucifer stood, one arm behind him and in front of his waist, as if ready to bow. “Please sit down.” He smiled towards Jesse.

                I cautiously took the seat that was placed between Lucifer and the empty one beside it. My heart was going double time as I ignored the steaming waffles and kept my eyes away from Lucifer.

                “Go on,” Lucifer motioned for Jesse to eat. “I sure hope you like buttermilk waffles.”