Chapter 27

Chapter 27

               I sat in a chair Neil had brought in for me inside Lucifer’s office. When he had opened a filet that read ‘Individual Death Document’, I suddenly got excited. Spending the past week being told to believe that Lucifer’s voice wasn’t real, and being forced to believe I was insane, it was nice to decide other’s fate.

                “Let’s see here,” Lucifer mumbled as he scrolled down the computer file. “Ah, here’s where I left off last night.”

                I gazed at the screen; there in a large size was a picture of a woman. Her name was Lindsey Kendra Taylor, age 88, widow, afraid of spiders, and the chemotherapy; Died of cancer. My skin started to crawl as my eyes lingered on her face...I was looking at a dead woman.

                “What did she do?” I asked.

                Lucifer scrolled further down her document. Underneath all her information was a history of all the wrong she had done.

                -Cursed at her daughter

                -Neglected her grandsons

                -Did not pay respects during husband’s funeral

                -Disrespected the nurses and doctors during chemotherapy

                -Lied to IRS

                -Did not pay taxes

                -Past history of identification theft

                “Oh my,” gasped.

                With a laugh Lucifer said. ‘I’ve seen worse. So what shall her room look like?”

                I bit my lip trying to contemplate whether to trust my desire for power over people, or my head that told me otherwise. “Have her live through chemotherapy over and over again. Oh and bring her daughter in just to talk down to her.” I laughed, she did so many wrongs. I didn’t see any harm in giving her what she deserved.

                “How grand,” Lucifer cheered. “Next!”

                We gave tremendous effort with giving the next few candidates a living hell. Yes pun, so damn well intended!

                One man raped and murdered his daughter, so we gave him his daughter to haunt him, and added a couple of towering skyscrapers, for his fear of heights. This one lady was clever, she scammed her boss, but was then sued, yet she didn’t show up for trail. When police were trying to find her she left Portugal and fled for Mexico where she scammed another employer. The second time though, she got away with it. So in regards to her pain, and our benefit we had sent her to live back in Portugal to live her fear of being caught and tortured.