7:00pm

Yoongi

"Sorry sir but who are you?" The receptionist asked me. "It's family only until after surgery."
I had to lie.

"I'm her brother, did you say surgery?" I asked a bit taken back as San-ha hadn't mentioned that she would need surgery.

"Yes, she will be taken to theatre soon but her room is down that corridor," she pointed to my right. "Then there's some stairs, go up three levels and you'll come out on the 9th floor, go left out of the stairwell all the way to the end, your sister will be in one of the end rooms." I remembered her directions and went to walk away until she called my attention again. "Sir, if you cannot find her room straight away there should be boards outside of the rooms and it should have her name on." I smiled at the woman and then quickly ran to where the stairs were.

I was never a person for running but in this situation, it was needed. I ran up the three flights of stairs and threw myself through the doors, I went to run to the left but there was a nurse so I jogged past her and then broke out into a run again. I slid to a stop at the end of the corridor and looked at the name boards.

Eun-ha
Surgery at 7:00

I looked through the window of her room and saw San-ha sat in there, I opened the door as quietly as possible and slid through, shutting the door as quietly as I had opened it.

It was dark in the room, not pitch black dark but very dimly lit. I looked at Eun-ha's body, it was linked up to so many wires, there was one lead that ran up to a machine, it kept a steady rhythm, beeping every so often. She had what looked like a clothes peg attached to one of her fingers and she had an oxygen mask clipped onto her nose. Her chest rose and fell at a steady pace and it made my breathing turn calm.

I let out a harsh breath that I didn't know I was keeping and it caused San-ha to divert her attention to me, she looked shocked.

"Yoongi?" She looked me up and down.

"I got here as quick as I could, what happened?" I didn't have time to explain myself, all I wanted to know was if Eun-ha was okay and what happened.

"You might want to take a seat." She said and nodded towards a chair on the other side of the bed, I sat down and awaited her explanation.