Just Another... Prologue

Good afternoon monsters and men alike, I would like to formally introduce my next book 'Homeless'. This is a Supernatural Fanfic, I have the layout for the story done, all that remains is to actually write it. This is but an intro...

It's just another day, another alley, another beating, another hiding place, just another day being homeless. I've been alone for as long as I can remember, washing what clothes I have in people's houses while their gone, taking what food I know that they won't miss. It's not what most people call a life, but it's my life. Do I wish that it were different, with every fiber in my being, but I learned a long time ago that some dreams are better off staying exactly that, dreams

Dreams.. Dreams are just hopes that people have for themselves, I'm not much of a dreamer anymore. Now my memory is haunted with nightmares, of horrible people, of torture, of death, of beatings that never end. I don't know what's worse, the dreams, or the fact that my own life is worse than my dreams.

It's raining outside, sharp pellets of rain sting my already aching muscles. Though they soothe my bruised and beaten body, they make my clothes stick uncomfortable against it. I know I should get up and run, I know I should, but the idea of release from this life makes my mind blank. I have no one to miss me anyway, so why not let them finish what they started. Oh, I remember why I can't, those poor people down the street, I promised that I would take this for them, I said that as long as I lived that they wouldn't have to deal with this.

With new found strength I push myself off the ground, wobbling slightly when my feet touch the wet cement, I fall right back down to my knees, wincing when I hear them crack. Not hard enough to be broken, but just enough to make it harder to stand. Using the alley wall as a support I stand up again, this time, I take my time trying to get the feeling back into my bloody legs.

After a minute of standing I finally move my feet, still leaning against the wall, I walk forward. My vision blurring slightly as I do. I keep moving, one foot after the other, then I hear the footsteps. Cowering slightly I move faster, hoping that I can get out into the open before they catch up to me. Their footstep speed increases and now I run, as fast as I can, I hear their screaming as I run, they want me to stop, I can't, I won't. I keep running till I reach the street, Though before I can even turn around, the only thing I hear is the honking of a horn, the screeching of tires, and the feeling of air beneath my feet before I fall unconscious.