Chapter 12: Meeting In The Woods

Recap:

"G-Guys. I-uh have something to tell you." I said nervously as I sat down next to Derek. Why do you smell different? Derek asked through our mind link. I just looked at him and took a deep breath. "What's up cousin?" Austin asked looking at me worriedly. I glanced at Tyler and silently prayed that he would understand. "I-I have to tell you that I-..." I sighed and looked into my brother's dark eyes.

"I'm mated." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a moment, everything was still. Nobody moved and I held my breath as I awaited their reactions. Then it was as if an explosion went off. "You what?!" Tyler roared, his body shaking. "You heard me." I mumbled as I lowered my head, suddenly finding the cream carpet very interesting. I heard a growl and then a ripping of clothes. I dared to take a peak and I gasped when I saw that Tyler had shifted. "Tyler I-" I began as I took a step towards him, but stopped and winced when he growled at me. I sighed and looked back down as he ran and jumped through the window, shattering it into a million little pieces.

"Well, that went well." Derek mumbled as he stared at the shattered window before looking at me. "Hey, everything will be okay." He said as he walked around the glass and to me. "Look at me." He said lightly as he gripped my chin and tilted my head up. I hesitantly obeyed and as I looked into my brother's brown eyes, I could see how wise he was and how caring he was.

"What am I going to do, Derek?" I sighed as tears began to cascade down my face. "You're not going to do anything." I heard Austin say as I turned my head towards him. "You shouldn't have to; He's your brother, he should be taking care of you and be happy that you found your mate- Not be angry at it all."

"Austin's right." Jewls stood up next to him and looked into his eyes. "I couldn't imagine anyone being upset with me being mated to Austin, let alone a family member." She broke her gaze with him and looked directly at me. "No matter what, I got your back." I looked at all of them and smiled gratefully. "Thanks." They all smiled back.

"Well," He began to walk towards the glass, "We better start cleaning this up." I sighed as Jewls announced she was going to call someone to repair it. With a slight weight lifted from my shoulders, I began to help clean up the shattered glass.

It was around three in the morning and I was staring at the ceiling, when I heard the door open and close. I was up because my wolf was restless without her mate. As I heard quiet footsteps come up the stairs, Tyler's scent wafted through my bedroom door which was closed. I heard them come down the hallway and then suddenly stop at my door. Not wanting to talk to him at the moment, I turned my body to away from the door, closed my eyes, and slowed my breathing to make it seem as if I was asleep.

I heard the creak of my doorknob turning and the door opening before I heard my brother's light footsteps walk towards my bed. The bed lent in next to me where I presumed he sat down. I could smell the sweat mixed with the musk of the forest that seemed to take over my room. I gripped the soft fabric of my bed sheets, resisting the urge to hug my brother as he stroked my hair gently.

"What am I going to do with you, Rose?" he muttered to himself.

He stayed there, just stroking my hair as he got lost in his own world for a few minutes before sighing and standing up. I heard his footsteps retreating to the door and only pause for a second to hear the door opening and closing.

What in the world am I going to do?

I woke up to a bright light shining through my eyelids. With a moan, I opened my eyes and grimaced, immediately brought a hand up to cover my face. I turned my head, intending to go back to sleep, when I saw the clock.