Chapter 7:Heritage

RECAP:

We all looked at him for a moment before my two brothers started to load Austin with questions.

"Why did you leave?"

"Where did you go?"

"Why are you here?"

"Boys!" I yelled,but then put a hand to my throat that was starting to ache from all of the yelling. "Let him speak." I said in a command. They both sighed before looking at Austin,waiting for him to explain.

"Well", Austin began,"I better just tell you the answer to why I left." He looked at all of us before saying,"The reason I left was because...I found my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW:

I hung my mouth open like a fish out of water,well, we all did. It was very rare to find a mate at all nowadays, let alone find one at that young of an age.

I close my mouth and as I did, a question we were all wondering popped into my mind. I looked over at him and asked my question, suspicion dripping from every word,"Where is your mate?"

He sighed and I could have sworn I saw tears of the rim of his golden like eyes. With a shaky breath he said, "She-... she's been captured."

I stood up as quick as lightning, now in rage. He may not a been there for me the last couple of years, but he was still family. That met his mate was family, and you do not mess with my family and live to see another day.

"Who has her?" anger drips from my words. My anger turned to pure shock when he said," The Blood Pack has her..." I looked at him confused."No. That's not possible..."

"Of course it's possible. There evil ,ruthless and ,heartless." Tyler said with so much hate, and every word felt like a knife to my heart. "Anyhow,how would you know, Rose?" he said, suspicion creeping into his voice.

I adverted my gaze to the ground not wanting to see the disappointment in his eyes after I tell him. I sighed heavily before I said,"I would know because-... Because I was over there last night and this morning..."

"You did what!" Tyler yelled,anger filling his voice. I flinched back a little from his tone he used. Derek noticed this instantly, and walked over here to put a comforting arm around my shoulder."But... Why were you over there sis?" Derek whispered into my ear to where only I could hear it.

"I'll tell you later,promise." I whispered just as quietly. He nodded at my response, accepting that he will have to wait for an answer.

I turned to Austin and ,wanting to get all the attention off of me, asked, "What does she look like? Because I might have seen her and just thought she was part of the pack."

Austin let a small smile appear on his face as he thought of his mate before describing her,"Well,she has midnight black hair, dark brown eyes, she's a little broad, and she's got a rockin' figure." he stared into space as he describe her.

He turned and looked at me hopefully. I sighed and looked back to the ground and sadly said," I'm sorry but I didn't see anyone like that there..."

He sighed once again before saying with so much determination,it shook me a little,"Well I'm not giving up."he looked at all of us before asking,"But I'm going to need help... Will ya'll help me? I know I haven't been the best person in the world but-"

I interrupted him by saying with a smile, "Of course we'll help you.You're still family." I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. I missed my cousin so much, it was unbelievable. He was in shock for a moment before he hugged me back. It felt so right to have my family back.

Once I pulled back,Austin said,"You know I never really left." I pulled back and look at him confused."What do you mean?" I asked. He smiled a sly smile at me as he said, "I've always watched over you. Made sure you were okay. But I know a lot more than you think." He whispered that last part in my ear.

"Wow stalker much?" I joke but only so my brothers wouldn't get suspicious. I gave him our signal of 'I need to talk to you'-all of my fingers up, except my index and ring finger out, behind my back. We invented that when we were five and played 'war'.

He nodded,understanding my signal,and asked if we could go catch up. My two brothers nodded and Austin led me upstairs. It seems like he knew where he was going,and that creeps me out a little.

We stopped in front of his old room and he slowly turned the knob and opened the white door. Everything was still there,his clothes,his bed,even his old guitar that he used to play to make me fall asleep.

I walked over to his black bed, that had a magnificent grey wolf howling at the moon on it,and brushed the dust off of it before motioning for him to come sit down.He hesitantly came and sat down next to me.

I turned to face him before closing my eyes and asking,"How much do you know?" He was quiet for a moment before saying,"Everything"

"Everything? How much of 'everything'?" I asked worried."I know about the book and I know about Castiel." he sighed.

"Well,shit!" I cursed,then looked at him. "Promise me you won't tell my brothers! They can't know!" I practically demanded. He smiled and said,"Don't worry, Little Red. Your secret is safe with me." After he said that,I finally felt like I could breath.I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulder. It felt good to have him back into my life.

"Thanks" I said relieved. "No problem,"he smiled,"plus,I kinda owe you one." he added sheepishly. I chuckled a little. "Yeah, you owe me a lot." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You'll never catch me!" I yelled as I ran threw the heavily wooded forest. "Want to bet?" Austin and Derek yelled simultaneously. I laughed at the thought of them catching me. Everyone new I was the quickest and quietest. I laughed again at the thought.

I rounded a corner to my left,hopefully losing them. I picked up speed as I ran from the duo. I slowed to a walk once I couldn't hear them anymore. I beant over,resting my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. I smiled,feeling estatic.

I loved to run! The feeling of the world rushing past you,the feeling of...power. You can control it,the rush. The feeling of adrenaline coursing threw your vains,the air running with you,you're one with everything. And I loved every bit of it!

Once I caught my breath, I stood back up and looked around. I smiled as I recognize where I was;I was in the clearing where I read the journal. I could feel the weight of it in my pocket,I decided to pull it out and read it. I pulled the small,red journal out of my pocket,feeling the leather. I wondered what's in here that Nana didn't want me to show my brothers? I guess I'd have to read to find out. I cracked the book open, the pages peeking out at me, and read where I left off.

If I ever fall in love with one of those beasts, shoot me. Because we all can not just go run off and live happily ever after! As if that ever really exists. To many hunters of my kind have gotten killed by one of them,and just by trusting them! I laugh at fools of the such.

Oh, I do not know if someone else shall read this,but let me introduce myself. I am Rene Lee Anne,fourth generation Paranormal Huntress.

A small gasp escaped my lips once I read the last sentence. My family were once hunters? Hunters were humans who wanted to wipe paranormals(Were's,Vamps,Shifters,ect,) from the face of the earth. They hated us with a passion and would stop at nothing to get rid of all of us. They were truley evil and heartless. Sadly,there are still some around,but luckily not as many.

But I still could't believe it, my great great great grandma was a Huntress?

I was so shocked,that I couldn't hear the footsteps that snuck up behind me. I only realized when I felt a hand on my shoulder,soon followed by pleasurable tingles. I gasped as I turned around and came face-to-face with stormy grey eyes.

"Castiel,you scared me." I gasped. He looked at me,and then at the journal still clutched in my hands. "What's that?" he asked,pointing at the red leather. Fear began to rise in me as he reached for the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! So this is chapter 7, hope y'all enjoyed it! The pic to the right is Austins mate,Juilianna(a.k.a Jewls). Dont forget to comment,fan, and vote!