Chapter 8:Jewls

I was so shocked,that I couldn't hear the footsteps that snuck up behind me. I only realized when I felt a hand on my shoulder,soon followed by pleasurable tingles. I gasped as I turned around and came face-to-face with stormy grey eyes.

"Castiel,you scared me." I gasped. He looked at me,and then at the journal still clutched in my hands. "What's that?" he asked,pointing at the red leather. Fear began to rise in me as he reached for the book.

NOW:

I quickly pulled my hand away from his out of instinct. As I did, he gave me a suspicious look. "It's my-" Come on Rose think of something! "It's your?" Castiel questioned. I stood more confidently as I said,"It's my journal." I simply stated. "Really?" Castiel asked with a suspicious look in his eyes. I nodded as I mentally sighed in relief.

I thought for a moment before I spoke my thoughts,"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked as I looked at him, warming my insides with butterflies. "Oh," He looked down at his feet an I'm almost positive I saw him blush,"I was about to go for a run,but I stopped when I saw you. I was going to ask if you wanted to run with me." He looked up at me ever so slightly.

I smiled from ear to ear,"Yeah..I'd love to go run." He looked up and those butterflies grew even more fierce as he smiled back at me. He nodded for me to follow him as we walked deep into the forest,away from prying eyes.

We walked in comfortable silence for awhile before we finally found a good starting point;somewhere we both new humans wouldn't come. As I turned on my heels to face Castiel, I started to blush as he was taking off his shirt. I quickly turned to look the other way as I heard him chuckle at my reaction.

"Oh,shut up," I grumbled. That made him laugh even harder. I sighed in frustration before I stated,"Unlike some people, I'm going to go behind a tree." I started to walk away when I heard him hold back a fit of laughter.

I headed for a pretty thick tree as I went behind it. Once, I knew I was hidden from his view, I undressed. I bent down to put my now folded clothes next to the thick,brown tree. I turned around and let my wolf take control,not fully, but enough to let loose. I numbly felt my bones crack;forming and changing to fit my new form.

My paws roughly hit the cool ground as I went back around the tree to see him. As I turned the corner, I didn't see anything. I looked around,confused. Wasn't he just he- I fell to my side as a strong force held me down. I instinctively turned to nip at whatever was on me but stopped once I saw grey eyes. I sighed in relief before I lowly growled, telling him to get off of me. He slowly got off of me and as soon as he was off, I was on my feet. I looked at him,my tongue hanging out as I smiled a wolfy smile. He seemed rather amused by my actions because he was also smiling a wolfy smile.

I looked at the trees behind his hulking figure, then at him when I got an idea. I looked one last time at the evergreen trees before I ran as fast as lightning into them. I ran,my paws hitting the cool,calm ground, my breathing getting heavier and more sharp. I could feel her itching to take control and I took a large breath as I let her take control.

I turned my head to look behind me to see if Castiel was behind me, and he was hot on my heels. Although I was always the fastest one in our pack,he was catching up to me. After a quick moments thought,and a little debate with my wolf, I decided to run as fast as I could.

I picked my legs up and pounded them against the familiar coolness of the rich ground,sending me forward at my maximum speed. i dared to take another look behind me and smiled proudly when I saw him a little a ways. Bu soon my smile faltered and a small gasp escaped my lips as I saw him start to catch up. He started coming closer...and closer...and closer...and soon enough,we were running side by side.

We ran that way for hours;just side by side.To say I was feeling ecstatic when we started walking back was a huge understatement. It was like,for the first time, my wall was slowly penetrating. And as I trotted in front of Castiel, I began to realize how I was falling in love with him. Just the thought of him sent butterflies into my stomach and making me feel all giddy inside.

I walked into the clearing,still feeling on top of the world, and instantly went behind the tree where my clothes were. As soon as I was behind the tree and out of sight, I shifted back to myself and began to dress.

As I finished putting my red cloak on, I stepped out around the thick tree and expected to find Castiel standing there,only to find nothing. I was confused as I walked out to where I was in the middle of the clearing to investigate. As soon as I was in the middle, I heard a twig snap behind me. I instantly spun around and crouched down low. A threatening growl escaped my lips as I stared at the spot of the noise. I felt like I was being watched which put me on high alert. I heard another twig snap to my right,and as soon as I looked over there, I was tackled to the ground.

I pushed the person off and turned around. I was about to punch the idiot who tried to hurt me, but stopped when I recognized the person. The girl was about my height, had midnight black hair, dark brown eyes, and was a little broad. She got to her feet and started to charge at me. I instantly dodged her, grabbed her by her arm, and threw her to the ground, but not hard enough to harm her. I pinned her where she was and she shot me a glare.

"What are you staring at?" she said threw clenched teeth. I could feel her trying to escape my grasp on her underneath me. I ignored her comment and simply asked,"Are you Jewls?" She instantly stopped struggling. "How do you know my name?" she gasped. "Because I know someone who cares for you deeply and is worried sick about you." She just stared at me, so I continued,"I'm Rose,Rose Tourquent." I introduced. I chuckled as she muttered sarcastically,"Well, you seem to know my name."

"Look," I began and continued when I knew she was listening,"Since you're on my land, I have to take you to my brother. He's our Alpha." She started to panic when I mentioned the word 'Alpha' and said,"Relax, I'll make sure he doesn't even touch you." I tried to comfort her. "Yeah? Why should I trust you?" she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at me. "Because I could have killed you, but I didn't." I rolled my eyes. She thought about it for a moment before sighing and slowly nodding.

I got up off of her and reached my hand out to help her up. She looked at it and reluctantly took it. I pulled her up and got a better look at what she was wearing. A black tank top, a leather jacket, a pair of blue jean shorts, and some black sneakers.

We both turned on our heels and stated walking towards my house,but I kept a very close eye on her in case she tried to run. As I walked next to this girl, I couldn't help but think what happened to Castiel? I decided I would ask him next time I saw him.