Chapter 6:Burn It Down

RECAP:

I ran deep into the forest, it once again swallowing me. Once I thought I was deep enough, I slowed to a walk. I began to get lost in thought as I walked threw the forest,the leaves crunching every time I take a step. I couldn't wait to get home to my pack.Maybe I'll tell Derek about the book and he can help me figure this book out. I thought. As the wind picked up,I put the hood of my cloak up.

Rose?Where are you?

Hey Tyler.

What's wrong little sis? He asked, all of a sudden full of concern.

Nothing.Just a little confused.I'll tell you at home.

He sighed before answering,Okay just don't be late for dinner.

Sir,yes sir! I saluted in my head and chuckled a little out loud.

Your so weird...Was the last thing he said before I blocked him out.

As I pulled out the book,I heard leaves crunch to my left. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked to where I heard the noise. I smelled the air and knew who it was.

"...Hello,Little Red."

*****************************************************

NOW:

I turned around and came to face a boy about two years older than me. He had short,dark brown hair that complimented his dark golden eyes perfectly. His face looked like a god had sculpted it with his bare hands,and you cold see a 5'o clock shadow slowly appear on his face. He wore dark blue jeans,dark as night boots, a tank top that hugged enough of his just as beautifully sculpted chest,but still left you to wonder in awe,a grey hoodie, and a brilliant brown jacket over it.

All in all,my cousin looked rather good.

"Hello,Austin." I said with a grimace.I instinctively took a step back as he took one towards me. He sighed before saying, "Hello,Little Red." I scrunched my nose up as he said my nickname he gave to me when I was seven,but that was long before he betrayed us...before he betrayed me.

"It's been far too long-" "Apparently, not long enough." I spat as I glared at him. I could feel the pain and anger, I had long tucked away, start to boil up inside me. He not only berayed the pack,but he betrayed me. I trusted him with my life, and he still betrayed me.

"Look," he said, quietly taking a step forward, "I'm not expecting you to welcome me with open arms, but I do want you to give me a second chance.", he sighed and hung his head, "I had my reasons for joining that rouge pack...and I'm sorry. I didn't know they were going to attack our-your pack..Please,can't we just put the past behind us?"

"No.", I said threw clenched teeth as he looked up in surprise,"You betrayed me...I trusted you and you still betrayed me!",I could feel the tears start to well up in my eyes,threatening to paint my face with its wetness,but I fought them back as I blinked them away, "An 'I'm sorry' isn't going to bring back the people we lost that day...An 'I'm sorry' isn't going to bring back Sophie.", I whispered the last part,"So how dare you come here and ask for forgiveness you don't deserve!?!" I yelled as my body started to shake with rage.

I closed my eyes, remembering that dreadful day I lost my best friend...

I could feel the fear start to well up inside of me as I stared out of the big kitchen window. But why was I scared? I was a ten-year-old who could take down two full grown men with my eyes closed. So, why was the feeling of fear taking over me? The fear grew even more when I thought I saw somthing big move in the shadows of the ever-lasting forest.